GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Coucou!

Really cool that finally added Copyright Match Tool and Monetisation into my Studio Beta although I'm still waiting for TeeSpring support. Nevertheless, the CMT detected 2 videos uploaded by other channels. I'm gonna do my best to talk to them before doing anything else, although they pretty much reuploaded 100% my video.

Also, really interesting that I can have CMT as a gaming channel, I thought I couldn't have it cause I don't own the video game I play... or is this only for Content ID?

TYSM for your help and what are your thoughts about the Copyright Match Tool?

Reactions: Shakycow

HiEnergy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Where is that Copyright Match thing you mention?
I didn't find it in my YT Studio beta (in the browser).
What exactly is it for? Finding others that re-use my content? Having such a tool would be a great possibility for me.

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Where is that Copyright Match thing you mention?
I didn't find it in my YT Studio beta (in the browser).
What exactly is it for? Finding others that re-use my content? Having such a tool would be a great possibility for me.
You will find it in Studio Beta Below Transcriptions

Screenshot 2019-01-27 at 19.05.06.png

With this tool, YouTube scans other videos and tells you if they find a match and a % like for example the guys uploading my videos had 100% match, After that you can archive, request they remove a video or send an email.

This is different from Content ID, content ID scans not only video but also music in the video and you can claim the video

I think CMT is being rolled out but not to sure if you need to have a number of subscribers to get it!

allthingstodd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Reporter, Vlogger, Comedian, Commentator
It could be the music you're using, that happened to me when I first started. They really crash down hard on using popular music, try searching for non-copyrighted music. If its not the music, then its the content (maybe artwork, etc.) ???

Reactions: GameVestment

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
It could be the music you're using, that happened to me when I first started. They really crash down hard on using popular music, try searching for non-copyrighted music. If its not the music, then its the content (maybe artwork, etc.) ???
I think is the contrary and he wants to find people that uses his music but CMT won't work, you need Content ID for that one there are other more strict requirements

IftiBashir

Undiscovered....
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I found over 90 videos that others had downloaded from my channel and re-uploaded as their own. Not even an attempt to change anything - just a blatant rip and upload!
One of which was from a rather popular company too (who even added their own watermark logo to the bottom corner of the video! However they quickly contacted me to offer their apologies after receiving their copywrite strike!)

Reported the entire lot and every one was removed within a few days.
Great new feature!

Reactions: GameVestment