A Warning About George Vanous/Freedom

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, for the Youtubers outside, you have to understand that we are not working with the MCN founders, we are working for ourself, all we do is just we take a little bit of advantages from them that we can't get on adsense. So it doesn't really matter who and how personality they got, whether they are a liar or a psychopath, as long as they paid you every month, never owe you the revenue, it's good enough for us. As for joining an MCN, its the Youtubers responsibilities to do research and homework, so don't blame anyone if you have a bad time in it, its all your choice.

You are correct when you say it is up to everyone to do their homework and know what they are getting into.
I will say this however, you are paying the network from your profit, to do a job for you. If you are in a network, like freedom, who advertises services they will provide when you join, and they do not provide those services, that is very close to false advertising, and it is very much lying. Any way you cut it, that is wrong, and it is praying on people who do not do their homework before signing up.
The only thing Freedom has going for it in this regard is they let you out of the network if you are not happy. They have no long term contract, and so there is little risk in joining.
That is my whole problem with freedom. I signed up believing I was going to get a chance to use services they advertised. I did look for negative reviews about freedom, and found some of the same negative things you hear about any network out there. I didn't find anything about how freedom cut the services they advertise shortly after starting them. As far as I could tell when I joined, these services were active and open to anyone. Once I was in the network, I found out none of them are currently offered.
It wouldn't take any effort at all for freedom to remove the videos that advertise those services from their channel, yet they do not do so. That is wrong, and the very reason George has a reputation for lying. He was accused of lying when he was CEO of TGN, and now has been accused of lying as CEO of Freedom. There is a reason these accusations have followed him around.
You are correct that the network doesn't pay you to work for them, but you do pay the network to work for you, and they should keep the promises they make, or stop making promises they can't keep.
That is my opinion anyway

I decided to create an account on YT talk because there seems to be a lot of misinformation surrounding TGN and George Vanous, many of which is actually falsely accused but seems to get picked up on as actual fact.

"Chris Bellum", who are you? You claim you've 'worked with George on the TGN project but I'm actually surprised that I don't even know who you are. I worked as Head of Content Acquisition for the TGN brand from October 2011 to May 2014 when I left due to differences with BroadbandTV. Don't get me wrong, I have many close friends and colleagues who still work with the company and I left on great terms but I don't recall your involvement in the project at all.

Surrounding the 'age' of YouTubers inside the Freedom MCN. All YouTube networks, yes that includes Maker, Fullscreen, BroadbandTV and Freedom have clients under the age of 18. And you wonder why this might be? Have you considered the average demographics on YouTube? How many teenagers run successful gaming channels on YouTube? It doesn't seem like you have. The fact is there is a large majority of 'minors' that work inside YouTube as partners across all verticals and have the ability to become a YouTube partner. Independent or with MCN.

In addition to this, the legal language that is standard across all MCN's mentioned above does infact say that you must be either 18 years of age OR have a legal guardian review and co-sign with you.

As for Hong Kong. From the sounds of it you don't seem to understand Hong Kong's commercial tax laws. Many businesses world-wide choose Hong Kong as their business base considering that they offer no sales tax, no withholding tax, no tax on capital gains, or dividends. The corporate tax rates are also 16% which is marginally lower than other countries, including the United States. From what I understand as well working with George over he's lived in China before and understands the business potential from starting a company there. Not to mention starting a company in Hong Kong can be much faster and easier than in other domains.

So from my prospective, it sounds like setting up your business in Hong Kong (especially as a start up) has a large amount of benefits. Benefits that don't negatively effective clients. In this case YouTube partners.

You also seem to lash out and call him a 'psychopath' but fail to provide even a single shred of evidence to back up your points. Sure, I think we can all agree that George can seem overly eccentric and excited during his videos, but is that enough to label him a psycho?

In addition to this, you claim George's staff is largely under 18 years of age. Have you taken into account that he runs an open affiliate program? Work consultants and actual staff? Again you provide zero evidence to back up your point. Sure, I don't believe an open referral/affiliate system is the best way to go, especially for outreach spam purposes, but you don't seem to actually understand the difference between staff and community members who use the Freedom's referral program.

I can also attest that working with BroadbandTV throughout the years that we received the same kind of criticism when in fact we rarely hired anyone under the age of 18 at all. Anyone 18 years of age or younger needed proper guardian co-signatures on ANY consultant contracts they signed. I'm sure Freedom is no different.

Next, you target his network size. Again, from my prospective looking at Freedom's process they have an open partner system. Meaning if you have a channel, no matter what size, you can become a Freedom partner. Signing up is actually automated through the website similar to BroadbandTV, Maker's RPM and the majority of YouTube MCN's right now.

Then you ask, how will these channel succeed? Well it seems that all of their sponsorship opportunities and music licences are either open to everyone or must meet a minimum, easy to reach, view requirement. It looks like they are trying hard to get offers from companies that benefit the thousands of partners they actually have and not a select 'VIP' system that I'm sure we're all aware is the standard norm.

So what can I say about your clever post with virtually no actual facts to back it up? It's a b******t Anti-Freedom campaign that you planned on wasting the good peoples of YTTalks time trying to get everyone up in arms over George's success running Freedom. I'm not sure if you actually work with a competing network, or couldn't get actually involved in an MCN yourself. Either way this post is a big hoax.

Move along folks, just more negative propaganda that isn't backed up by a single shred of evidence.

2000 slot minecraft server
Team Speak Server
Freedom Launch all partners managed that soon got changed
101 designers
Freedom Points Beta 110% rev share great marketing gimmick to get lots of partners in the door

The only happy thing I've experienced with Freedom is that I have been able to quit it exactly after one month after applying to leave the network. I'm not networked anymore and going to pply for some other network, which is more "okay" for me. As a video blogger I've never found a place on Freedom. It's full of 13-year-old-kids-ran-minecraft-powered-channels and that's 80% of the partners. Not gonna like that as I've never also liked the over-positive look of the owner.

2000 slot minecraft server
Closed because lack of interest.

Team Speak Server
Closed for bullying and harassment iirc

Freedom Launch all partners managed that soon got changed
It was premature for Freedom to offer manage status, they never realized that by doing so they were actually putting people at risk. If you look now, it isn't advertised anywhere.

Freedom Points Beta 110% rev share great marketing gimmick to get lots of partners in the door
Still in beta and expected to launch with the new dashboard.

It was premature for Freedom to offer manage status, they never realized that by doing so they were actually putting people at risk. If you look now, it isn't advertised anywhere.
Other reasons are fine but that one is not the case.

When Freedom started in December they were not an MCN, they did not have either a CRT or an Affiliate Content Owner, this is why channels wanting to join had to email YouTube and wait to be linked by Freedom's partner manager.
But George decided to start in full in December anyhow rather than doing the norm in that stance which is by showing you can help grow 5-10 channels.

George knew all along the re-percussions for managed and what would happen wit doing so for large amount of channels, he mentioned it here prior to their getting of the Affiliate CO in February multiple times that it was not issue for them as their system for checking videos/ channels was so secure.

Well it seems that all of their sponsorship opportunities and music licences are either open to everyone or must meet a minimum, easy to reach, view requirement. It looks like they are trying hard to get offers from companies that benefit the thousands of partners they actually have and not a select 'VIP' system that I'm sure we're all aware is the standard norm.

It is difficult to justify the use of the term sponsorship in relation to the $100,000 promo. It is a raffle with conditions, not a sponsorship.

Dear George,

I really enjoyed your recent video on the goals of Freedom - /watch?v=7o0_9iX2mNw
I'm glad you've been able to create this company as a hobby, to make loads of money off YouTubers, to help you achieve your personal dream of creating an MMO.

I really think an MMO is what Freedom partners need to take their channels to the next level. To help them fulfill their own dreams.
It great to see your true colours and intentions shining through.

Regards,

Someone who actually gives a damn about other people

Dear George,

I really enjoyed your recent video on the goals of Freedom - /watch?v=7o0_9iX2mNw
I'm glad you've been able to create this company as a hobby, to make loads of money off YouTubers, to help you achieve your personal dream of creating an MMO.

I really think an MMO is what Freedom partners need to take their channels to the next level. To help them fulfill their own dreams.
It great to see your true colours and intentions shining through.

Regards,

Someone who actually gives a damn about other people

M(assively)M(ultiplayer)O(nline)
M(ulti)C(hannel)N(etwork)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back