A VLOG WITH CONCERT IMAGES

Cesarama

Reaction score
Hi there.
Basically as the title says, I made a vlog about my love for seeing live shows.
In the vlog I put snippets of many live concerts, and I was wondering if this would be a problem.
Copyright infringement, strikes, claims? I don't know the right term.

I was not sure if I'm allowed to put a link here of that vlog...

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Depends... did you take the pictures yourself (or have written permission from those who did) and, if so, was there anything stated when you bought the ticket forbidding you from taking pictures and/ or using them? There's usually a disclaimer forbidding video written on the ticket stubs, only rarely have I seen no photos.

Cesarama

Reaction score
Depends... did you take the pictures yourself (or have written permission from those who did) and, if so, was there anything stated when you bought the ticket forbidding you from taking pictures and/ or using them? There's usually a disclaimer forbidding video written on the ticket stubs, only rarely have I seen no photos.
No, there is no
No sir, there is no notification on the concert ticket of not taking pictures.
But still.... these are huge bands, who belongs to big record labels.
But as I said, it's only small 5-8 second snippets of various concerts.
NEVER full songs.
Can I still get in trouble??

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
No sir, there is no notification on the concert ticket of not taking pictures.
But still.... these are huge bands, who belongs to big record labels.
But as I said, it's only small 5-8 second snippets of various concerts.
NEVER full songs.
Can I still get in trouble??
You should be safe with pictures, but audio is a whole other story and one that potentially could get your videos monetized on their behalf, blocked in certain countries (or devices), silenced, or possibly even a take down notice.

Cesarama

Reaction score
Even if it's only small portions of the song? As I said, 5 to 8 seconds.
Have you seen the vlog by any chance?
You should be safe with pictures, but audio is a whole other story and one that potentially could get your videos monetized on their behalf, blocked in certain countries (or devices), silenced, or possibly even a take down notice.
ven if it's

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Even if it's only small portions of the song? As I said, 5 to 8 seconds.
Have you seen the vlog by any chance?
It doesn't matter how long it is or how it's used in the vlog. If you don't have the proper written permissions needed, you don't have the right to post it.

Now, the odds of them finding and penalizing you are a whole other story, but if you're hoping to build your channel, you would have to assume that, at some point (maybe tomorrow, maybe years down the line) that the right person will see it.