A teaser before posting the real video?

RoyK

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
okey peeps.. thanks for your input. I think I dont do it :)

TylorSkory

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I will just say, I think the idea itself of a trailer is to build up anticipation for a big event. If you're just planning on releasing a "normal" video, it might seem slightly anti-climactic when they finally watch it. However, if you're realizing some sort of big content out of the ordinarily and you're trying to build up hype for it, then a trailer could work. For example, every summer we do our "Backyard Olympics" and it's a big deal on our channel, and people pick teams and cheer for their favorites... so we put out trailers beforehand to get people excited and pumped. But if we just did a trailer for our normal weekly episode, I think people would be disappointed when they actually watched it, lol. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: RoyK

RoyK

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Yeah, i think u make a excellent point. Off-course, i am very pumped about my new video.. A Killer Tornado that Eats up London :D .. and i made some sound-effects.. shacky cams.. to give it a real boost. It are just 5 seconds.. with that.. but it is very cool (my 2 cents). I think, if u like Photoshop time lapse videos.. this one is fun. But.. Maybe u guys are right to. I rise the expectation level to.. never thought about that part.