A sony vegas bred vlogger tries premiere

Cristy Ella

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So my partner convinced me to take the leaps and try premiere pro as he has it. So I've tried it and I've had a few hiccups.

1. First is (when I upload onto youtube) there is a black frame around my video
2. I can't edit all clips? It seems to make me edit one cut at a time which is tedious
3. I can't seem to figure out audio settings.

Any advice would be awesome :D

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
1) Whenever you export what are the settings you're using? I would suggest ticking the "Match Settings" box and see what that does for you. It'll match the export settings to the important video clips so long as they're the same quality.

2) I'm not sure what you mean by this. Are all of your imported clips dragged into the timeline as they should be?

3) There's an audio panel at the top (Assembly, Editing, Effects, Audio, etc.) that will let you adjust the audio levels of the clips on the timeline. Also, there's an effect called "Mastering" that you can drag over a clip and adjust even further. There are more audio effects under the Effects panel, and into the Audio Effects drop down menu.

Reactions: Cristy Ella

Cristy Ella

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
1) Whenever you export what are the settings you're using? I would suggest ticking the "Match Settings" box and see what that does for you. It'll match the export settings to the important video clips so long as they're the same quality.

2) I'm not sure what you mean by this. Are all of your imported clips dragged into the timeline as they should be?

3) There's an audio panel at the top (Assembly, Editing, Effects, Audio, etc.) that will let you adjust the audio levels of the clips on the timeline. Also, there's an effect called "Mastering" that you can drag over a clip and adjust even further. There are more audio effects under the Effects panel, and into the Audio Effects drop down menu.
for 2, I'm using the editing workspace. I followed a tutorial that told me to put the footage in the leftbottom box, then under the editing tab clip "i" and "o" and put them into the timelime. However once I do this it's quite annoying to have to colour correct every clip individually especially if they are 2-10 seconds long. Does that make sense? Sorry. i'm new to the program so I don't know the propper terminologies. Hopefully that is understandable XD

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
for 2, I'm using the editing workspace. I followed a tutorial that told me to put the footage in the leftbottom box, then under the editing tab clip "i" and "o" and put them into the timelime. However once I do this it's quite annoying to have to colour correct every clip individually especially if they are 2-10 seconds long. Does that make sense? Sorry. i'm new to the program so I don't know the propper terminologies. Hopefully that is understandable XD
You can drag them all into the timeline from that little box. If they're all of similar setting, you can color correct one and then right click > copy attributes and then highlight the others and then right click > paste attributes. When you do these a dialogue box will pop up asking what effects you want to paste into the selected clips. I hope this makes sense. I think you're referring to the media box. Where all of the clips are generally imported to when you first get them into the program. Though I'm not sure, I have a custom workspace set up.

TechSpotJosh

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
So my partner convinced me to take the leaps and try premiere pro as he has it. So I've tried it and I've had a few hiccups.

1. First is (when I upload onto youtube) there is a black frame around my video
2. I can't edit all clips? It seems to make me edit one cut at a time which is tedious
3. I can't seem to figure out audio settings.

Any advice would be awesome :D
I went from using vegas which is complete garbage to Premier which is the leading industry standard editing software to date. If you're getting black bars around your video it is probably your export settings or sequence settings. Always export in the codec H.264 (download QuickTime player if you don't have it to enable this option.) If your videos aren't 1080p you can always righty click the video in the timeline and select the option scale to frame size or go to the effects controller menu and manually adjust the scaling yourself. You can right click clips in the timeline as well and select audio gain to adjust he volume of the clip, or you can expand your audio layer in the timeline and drag the white line down or using the pen tool (p) you can make points and adjust throughout the clip. When selecting clips in the editor I and O are shortcuts for in and out and then you drag the file from he editor to your timeline and if will only take the in and out that you selected. I'm at work right now but if you have anymore questions I'll try to answer them on my break.

Cristy Ella

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You can drag them all into the timeline from that little box. If they're all of similar setting, you can color correct one and then right click > copy attributes and then highlight the others and then right click > paste attributes. When you do these a dialogue box will pop up asking what effects you want to paste into the selected clips. I hope this makes sense. I think you're referring to the media box. Where all of the clips are generally imported to when you first get them into the program. Though I'm not sure, I have a custom workspace set up.
thank you so much. That worked :D[DOUBLEPOST=1489408958,1489408870][/DOUBLEPOST]
I went from using vegas which is complete garbage to Premier which is the leading industry standard editing software to date. If you're getting black bars around your video it is probably your export settings or sequence settings. Always export in the codec H.264 (download QuickTime player if you don't have it to enable this option.) If your videos aren't 1080p you can always righty click the video in the timeline and select the option scale to frame size or go to the effects controller menu and manually adjust the scaling yourself. You can right click clips in the timeline as well and select audio gain to adjust he volume of the clip, or you can expand your audio layer in the timeline and drag the white line down or using the pen tool (p) you can make points and adjust throughout the clip. When selecting clips in the editor I and O are shortcuts for in and out and then you drag the file from he editor to your timeline and if will only take the in and out that you selected. I'm at work right now but if you have anymore questions I'll try to answer them on my break.
Thanks. I am going to bed soon but if I think of anything I will comment here :D

Reactions: Brandon

TechSpotJosh

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
No one uses vegas professionally. The software comes free with any prosumer camera. I'm fairly certain DaVinci Resolve is more flexible with editing than vegas is and that programs main purpose is colour correction.

Vegas is absolute garbage compared to most other editing software available on the market (with the exclusion of software like windows movie maker which shouldn't even be considered editing software.)