A Song I BOUGHT from AudioMicro!!! Matched Third-Party Content

CreativeNative

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Hey guys! There's a song I bought from the popular royalty free music site, audiomicro.com to use as my outro and for about... 60 videos it was fine! But for some reason a few videos ago YouTube decided to do a "Matched Third-Party Content" and when it played the part of the video that matched it was the song I bought to use as my outro. Naturally I disputed it as I had purchased a standard liscence which specifically covers, "Internet use" but I haven't heard anything back yet about the previous dispute, AND adding fuel to the fire the last video I put out got matched again for the exact same thing!

Is there anything specific I need to say/do to dispute this? A way to ensure that, even if this disputtal goes through, I won't be hit for this track again? It's making me rather angry as most of the videos on my channel used this track fine without issues, and now it's happening every two or three videos apparantly and avoiding this kind of thing is the entire reason I purchased a track for use in the first place!

Smexi

YTtalk's pro graphic designer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Sorry I can't really help but... 4 words.

YouTube Content-ID system is retarded.

WeiseGamer

Your #1 Source For Indie Gaming
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Sorry I can't really help but... 4 words.

YouTube Content-ID system is retarded.
I'd stretch that to say 6...content-ID is kind of 2.

I believe there is some form of appeal form. I'd get the site you got music from to send you their rights to use and then submit it to YouTube.

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
The ContentID system isn't retarded, and certainly not in this case. The OP bought a track but YouTube has no way of knowing that this channel bought the song. A Third Party Content Match is just an indication within the YouTube system that says "hey, someone else owns this song. Can you prove you have the rights to use it?". The channel then submits a counter claim saying they license the song from AudioMicro, link the license terms and we can all move on with our lives.

That this is making anyone angry is simply an indication that they have no idea what ContentID is for. It is NOT an indication that you've done something wrong, it is a question asking you to prove you have the proper license to do what you're doing because YT has no other way to find that out. You can either A) ignore it which is implied acknowledgement, B) acknowledge you don't have the rights openly, C) provide the proof that you do have the rights.

This is like sneaking onto a ski hill and then complaining when the attendants ask if you have a hill pass. Just show them the pass.

Smexi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
The ContentID system isn't retarded, and certainly not in this case. The OP bought a track but YouTube has no way of knowing that this channel bought the song. A Third Party Content Match is just an indication within the YouTube system that says "hey, someone else owns this song. Can you prove you have the rights to use it?". The channel then submits a counter claim saying they license the song from AudioMicro, link the license terms and we can all move on with our lives.

That this is making anyone angry is simply an indication that they have no idea what ContentID is for. It is NOT an indication that you've done something wrong, it is a question asking you to prove you have the proper license to do what you're doing because YT has no other way to find that out. You can either A) ignore it which is implied acknowledgement, B) acknowledge you don't have the rights openly, C) provide the proof that you do have the rights.

This is like sneaking onto a ski hill and then complaining when the attendants ask if you have a hill pass. Just show them the pass.
But then again, for big channels... it wastes their time waiting for the dispute to happen.

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
But then again, for big channels... it wastes their time waiting for the dispute to happen.
I had a third party content match from AudioMicro myself once. For a song that I use in almost every single video I do. Disputed, AudioMicro whitelisted me for the song and haven't had a claim since. This system is designed as an approval gate, nothing more. People just get in s**t all the time because they didn't get approval. There are valid complaints around some elements of indie music and video game music but the vast majority of ContentID issues are from people who don't have the rights to use the content they're using.

Smexi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I had a third party content match from AudioMicro myself once. For a song that I use in almost every single video I do. Disputed, AudioMicro whitelisted me for the song and haven't had a claim since. This system is designed as an approval gate, nothing more. People just get in s**t all the time because they didn't get approval. There are valid complaints around some elements of indie music and video game music but the vast majority of ContentID issues are from people who don't have the rights to use the content they're using.
Thanks for the info! :D