A Quick Monetization Question

TombombadillyTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Roughly 24 hours ago I uploaded my newest stop motion here:

I'm not sure if I can monetize it legally though so here is my situation:
- I have all the rights to the audible content (I have documentation to prove this)
- All the video is shot by me except with the exception of a 1-2 second bit where the guy from dexter says 'surprise motherf***er'.
- There is a brief scene where a lego man is seen walking into a McDonalds fast food outlet which is clearly marked as McDonalds.

Do those last two things mean I can't monetize my video? If so, too bad :D but just curious!
Thanks for your replies! :)

Br00tal

No Mercy For The Weak
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
^agreed.
Go ahead and monetize.

TombombadillyTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I don't understand why people fair showing brands in videos, its fine.

As for the scene from Dexter you should be covered by "Fair Use"

Next time however I suggest not to use ANYTHING that you do not have the right to use
^agreed.
Go ahead and monetize.
I don't think you have a problem, monetize!
Unfortunately Google declined my monetization even though I had included all the documentation necessary for monetization. And since they don't tell you why they declined it, I'm just going to guess that that 1 and a half second bit of the video really did ruin my chances of monetization! Oh well, lesson learnt! Thanks for your replies! :)

Joofville

Funny Animations
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Ahh that's bad news dude. Anyway likes others said, include nothing that isn't yours next time :)

Crawlerz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Unfortunately Google declined my monetization even though I had included all the documentation necessary for monetization.
NEVER include documents/answer questions you HAVEN'T BEEN ASKED! rule #1 in life.
if you'd've monetized BEFORE including this "proof" it wouldn't've been needed at all cuz noone would've asked.

TombombadillyTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
NEVER include documents/answer questions you HAVEN'T BEEN ASKED! rule #1 in life.
if you'd've monetized BEFORE including this "proof" it wouldn't've been needed at all cuz noone would've asked.
haha yeah, but they did ask me for them :p I submitted it for monetization without documentation and then they sent me an email saying that they needed it :]