A question that has been asked a million times before...

tuomaskivioja

Reaction score
...but here goes

How do you actually get views when you have 0 subscribers? I suppose tags, but you're not getting enough views to be in the top 30 ranked videos for any keyword so what do you do?

For example, according to Tubebuddy some keywords have the lowest video for some niche-ish keywords at like 200 views, but I get like 15 so how will I ever rank for any keywords, and if I never rank for any keywords how will I ever get views etc?

Is there any method to go about this?

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
When you're fist starting out it may be beneficial to try to Target some keywords that have low compition but high enough search volume to be worthwhile. Basically don't go after key words everyone else is going for. And then provide the best quality content you can and focus on retention on the views you do get and that is how you move up the ranks.

Lee Lifestyle Vlogs

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
We use Vid IQ to to and maximize which tags we use when tagging our videos! Its a browser extension that tells you how often a word is searched (basically, my husband knows more about it haha). Using this with what Ezrider92356 said should help! Other than that just promoting your videos to friends and family and asking them to "like" the video so that it is more likely to be deemed relevant by YouTube should help you get views

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
All the big channels today started with 0 subs so it's not true that you need subs to get views. Views drive subs more than the other way around.

SEO
If you're doing SEO to start the ball rolling (and I recommend you do), you have to target longtail, low-competition keywords and phrases that get fewer searches from viewers but also much less competition from other videos. Don't pay too much attention to TubeBuddy's data. The data isn't coming from Google. Use common sense and do a bit of analysis manually. (see example below)

Example of high competition (short) phrase (that you shouldn't try to target): "Minecraft Let's Play" (Done to death. Millions of competing videos)

Example of low competition (long) phrase (that would be easier to rank for): How to chop down a tree in Minecraft" (obviously just an example. I have no if you can chop down a tree in Minecraft )- This is a very specific phrase and that is why it is good. Not many users will be searching for it so it won't get you tons of traffic but that's fine. You need traction. The good thing is that there will be fewer competing videos targeting that phrase so you'd have a fighting chance at getting on page one. With this low-competition phrase, you'd have say a 60% chance of getting say a share of 200 views per day. So decent odds of getting afew views that will add up over time and will eventually result in subs if your content is good. If you'd gone after the high-competition phrase, you'd have a 0% chance of getting a share of 100,000 views per day. So basically you'd get no views from search.

YouTube will "boost" new videos in the search results for about 48 hours to test how they perform. If the click through rate is good and then the subsequent audience retention is good, the videos will start ranking and be promoted. You don't need hundreds of subs for that to happen. But it's essential to only go after the low-competition and long phrases otherwise you'll never rank.

For SEO to work, you need longtail search terms in your title, description and tags. The description is really important. YouTube's algo doesn't watch videos and decide what they're about. You have to tell the algorithm via the description. So many new channels write terrible descriptions that don't achieve anything.

Social media

Build up a following, network, get active, add value, don't spam.

Reactions: daniel burgio

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
All of us start from 0 and it is so VERY hard in the beginning. You are doing all the right things but there are no shortcuts. Patience is the keyword here. I made a short video about all the mistakes youtubers make (I made many of them myself, im sorry to say:))

Last edited by a moderator:

dailydrivenh2

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
...but here goes

How do you actually get views when you have 0 subscribers? I suppose tags, but you're not getting enough views to be in the top 30 ranked videos for any keyword so what do you do?

For example, according to Tubebuddy some keywords have the lowest video for some niche-ish keywords at like 200 views, but I get like 15 so how will I ever rank for any keywords, and if I never rank for any keywords how will I ever get views etc?

Is there any method to go about this?
here is what i did . sept 1 of 2018 i uploaded video just for fun not the best video ever(my channel was created in 2016 but just last year i started uploading ) it was me putting a lightbar on my hummer h2 . I linked that video to a hummer forum , only got me a few views but also asked evey and i MEAN EVERY SOUL i knew to open their phones watch the video and instead of telling me their opinion i asked them to write a comment and share the video . that did not always worked but i guess youtube liked the small interaction and i started seen more and more even overnight traffic . today im at 1765 SUBS just got monetized august 20th . and im only at 98.9K total views in my channel im pretty happy with the way youtube is sharing my videos . WORD OF MOUTH IS YOUR BEST YOUTUBE NOTIFICATION AND SHARING FRIEND .....

Reactions: Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
here is what i did . sept 1 of 2018 i uploaded video just for fun not the best video ever(my channel was created in 2016 but just last year i started uploading ) it was me putting a lightbar on my hummer h2 . I linked that video to a hummer forum , only got me a few views but also asked evey and i MEAN EVERY SOUL i knew to open their phones watch the video and instead of telling me their opinion i asked them to write a comment and share the video . that did not always worked but i guess youtube liked the small interaction and i started seen more and more even overnight traffic . today im at 1765 SUBS just got monetized august 20th . and im only at 98.9K total views in my channel im pretty happy with the way youtube is sharing my videos . WORD OF MOUTH IS YOUR BEST YOUTUBE NOTIFICATION AND SHARING FRIEND .....
That's really good advice for when you are starting out.
If even just a few of your friends and family watch the video and share it you have a good chance of getting 50 - 100 views and getting sufficient traction to start growing.

the_drifting_dad

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
finding facebook groups of people that would like your content works as well, but you cannot just spam the group, you need to be an interacting member of the group. This has really boosted my subscriber count

GrannyGamer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
It's a little time consuming but network, network, network, find a good group of people that support each others channels, similar to your niche. Leave comments and visit regular, you will make some fantastic new friends and your channel will grow in leaps and bounds. Like others have said, we all started with 0 and I'm afraid youtube is not really a place where you can upload a couple of videos and get overnight popularity but in saying that, you can grow super fast. I recommend investing similar time to creating/editing your video into networking and you will never look back, best of luck with your channel <3