A Question about Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldierbot

I've Got It
Are they really that helpful?
Let me give an example: I recently went to youtube and typed in the search engine "Let's Play Minecraft". The only things I get on the front page are a lot of roosterteeth videos from a year ago. I search up black ops 2 zombies. Once again, I only get a bunch of popular youtuber's videos. Most people looking to watch a series will probably just end up picking one of the videos on the front page. So my question is this: Why are tags so helpful? If youtube places uploaders of higher popularity over small channels, what is the point of even using tags?

Are they really that helpful?
Let me give an example: I recently went to youtube and typed in the search engine "Let's Play Minecraft". The only things I get on the front page are a lot of roosterteeth videos from a year ago. I search up black ops 2 zombies. Once again, I only get a bunch of popular youtuber's videos. Most people looking to watch a series will probably just end up picking one of the videos on the front page. So my question is this: Why are tags so helpful? If youtube places uploaders of higher popularity over small channels, what is the point of even using tags?

This is why you need to use google keywords to find high searched low competition words/phrases to use so that when they are searched you rank higher for them than you would for general phrases. The more general the phrase is the lower you will rank for it, E.G you will rank much lower for "funny" than you would "funny cats"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back