a question about netflix videos

casab

Reaction score
Hi friends

If i make a video about " How to download movies from Netflix to PC" using a free software legally and upload it in my youtube channel. did i get a strike from youtube ???? of course i have a netflix account

Regards

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
YES. You will get your third strike and a terminated channel; and maybe then you will be content.

How many times do we have to tell you that instructing people on how to get paid media for free, or how to get media which was only meant to be streamed as a download to your computer for offline viewing, violates YouTube's Terms of Service??

And what is giving you the idea that you can "do this legally"? You absolutely cannot. Please read this excerpt from Netflix's Terms of Use, which you agreed to when you set up your account.

• 4.5. Some Netflix content is available for temporary download and offline viewing on certain supported devices ("Offline Titles"). Limitations apply, including restrictions on the number of Offline Titles per account, the maximum number of devices that can contain Offline Titles, the time period within which you will need to begin viewing Offline Titles and how long the Offline Titles will remain accessible. Some Offline Titles may not be playable in certain countries and if you go online in a country where you would not be able to stream that Offline Title, the Offline Title will not be playable while you are in that country.
    • 4.6. You agree to use the Netflix service, including all features and functionalities associated therewith, in accordance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, or other restrictions on use of the service or content therein. You agree not to archive, reproduce, distribute, modify, display, perform, publish, license, create derivative works from, offer for sale, or use (except as explicitly authorized in these Terms of Use) content and information contained on or obtained from or through the Netflix service. You also agree not to: circumvent, remove, alter, deactivate, degrade or thwart any of the content protections in the Netflix service; use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Netflix service; decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble any software or other products or processes accessible through the Netflix service; insert any code or product or manipulate the content of the Netflix service in any way; or use any data mining, data gathering or extraction method. In addition, you agree not to upload, post, e-mail or otherwise send or transmit any material designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment associated with the Netflix service, including any software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs. We may terminate or restrict your use of our service if you violate these Terms of Use or are engaged in illegal or fraudulent use of the service.
If you use external software to download Netflix videos, you are circumventing their content protections; and will be in danger of having your Netflix account terminated; just as you will be in danger of a terminated channel with YouTube if you enable others to do the same, via a video you uploaded to your channel.

Two services potentially terminated with a single video! I don't think you can do much worse than this. Why do you insist on illegal actions as videos?

Last edited:

WebSam

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
YES. You will get your third strike and a terminated channel; and maybe then you will be content.

How many times do we have to tell you that instructing people on how to get paid media for free, or how to get media which was only meant to be streamed as a download to your computer for offline viewing, violates YouTube's Terms of Service??

And what is giving you the idea that you can "do this legally"? You absolutely cannot. Please read this excerpt from Netflix's Terms of Use, which you agreed to when you set up your account.

• 4.5. Some Netflix content is available for temporary download and offline viewing on certain supported devices ("Offline Titles"). Limitations apply, including restrictions on the number of Offline Titles per account, the maximum number of devices that can contain Offline Titles, the time period within which you will need to begin viewing Offline Titles and how long the Offline Titles will remain accessible. Some Offline Titles may not be playable in certain countries and if you go online in a country where you would not be able to stream that Offline Title, the Offline Title will not be playable while you are in that country.
    • 4.6. You agree to use the Netflix service, including all features and functionalities associated therewith, in accordance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, or other restrictions on use of the service or content therein. You agree not to archive, reproduce, distribute, modify, display, perform, publish, license, create derivative works from, offer for sale, or use (except as explicitly authorized in these Terms of Use) content and information contained on or obtained from or through the Netflix service. You also agree not to: circumvent, remove, alter, deactivate, degrade or thwart any of the content protections in the Netflix service; use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Netflix service; decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble any software or other products or processes accessible through the Netflix service; insert any code or product or manipulate the content of the Netflix service in any way; or use any data mining, data gathering or extraction method. In addition, you agree not to upload, post, e-mail or otherwise send or transmit any material designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment associated with the Netflix service, including any software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs. We may terminate or restrict your use of our service if you violate these Terms of Use or are engaged in illegal or fraudulent use of the service.
If you use external software to download Netflix videos, you are circumventing their content protections; and will be in danger of having your Netflix account terminated; just as you will be in danger of a terminated channel with YouTube if you enable others to do the same.

Two services potentially terminated with a single video! I don't think you can do much worse than this. Why do you insist on illegal actions as videos?
Great answer, not sure how this sort of thing could be considered legal, and both your accounts could and should be terminated if your posting this kind of thing IMO.

Reactions: Cephus

casab

Reaction score
Hi sir

thank u for your answer, but i ask netflix before that, and she tell me that i can do that without any problem

Wakanda

Reaction score
Hi sir

thank u for your answer, but i ask netflix before that, and she tell me that i can do that without any problem
Do you mind sharing screenshots of your communication with Netflix to this effect?

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
It doesn't really matter if netflix said they are fine with it. YouTube doesn't want videos about that topic, and they most likely have an automated system that will detect that the video is about "downloading videos" and will remove it. I guess you could try to dispute the strike with the email you have as evidence, but I personally wouldn't take that risk since it's still a topic that violates YouTube's terms... I'd make a video about some other topic instead... Using a 3rd party software to download a Netflix video sounds like it is against their terms, as @UKHypnotist pointed out. It's quite possible the lady who sent you that email didn't exactly know what the question was.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
hi guy

thank u for the answers
I'm sorry; but I could not help noticing, that you seem to be "stuck" on the idea of a single video type. I have this uneasy feeling that you are a YouTube Creator of the recently fledged set that think of YouTube as a "money well"; and the type of video to dip into that well is the so-called "tech tips and tricks" video type.

If I am indeed correct, then I need to give you a warning:

More YouTube users in this class either get their channels refused monetization, or get their channels terminated for TOS or Community Guidelines violations than any other in my experience.

My advice to you if you wish to continue on this path, is to walk very carefully.