A Post Of Warning For Those Seeking Monetization

Lukas Kade

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What makes it even more confusing is the partnership program policy update on October 14th, because now you can be demonetized for re-uploading existing content, or creating content that is too similar to existing content. If your channel is all about one topic and you make many similar videos about the same thing how will that work?

I read the 2nd article and while I think the manual review for the partnership program will stop many channels from stealing content, there are those who will still get through the review by making their own videos first, or buying a monetized channel, then once in the clear, start making 10 minute compilations again full of ads. If there are millions of Youtube channels to review it might be impossible to get to them all. Even so, how is Youtube going to have time to review all the monetized channels on a regular basis? Another reason the big channels that reupload may not be getting deleted and demonetized is because Youtube would be losing millions if that happened. It seems like some channels get special treatment while others get banned.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
You do know that buying or selling a YouTube channel is a major (as in 1 strike and you're gone) TOS violation, yes? You also seem to be forgetting the fact that all Partner Program member channels will now be subjected to periodic review.

Those who try to "do channel limbo" and slip under the bar will eventually be caught doing so, no matter how long it takes.

Last edited:

Lukas Kade

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah I know, and I made a video about a bunch of channels that got deleted because they tried to skip the review doing what the Bye 9 - 5 channel teaches, yet he still claims to have made $51,000 last month from his compilation / highlight videos and does not get deleted. So I'm just wondering how some people get a free pass while others don't.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
As am I; most likely because no one has reported him yet, or a report ability for his type of violation doesn't exist for the average YouTube user. I have my own way of tracking such thieves, and its about time I checked my list to see which channels still exist.

Reaction score
I think YT can be a lot more subtle about it now; they don't have to delete a channel, just by shutting the channel out of the YPP is enough to clean up the ecosystem. (Especially as the channel breaks one of the Community Guidelines - Videos that promote money earning schemes)