A parody question

Angel Stage

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I did a parody of the blackilicious song Alphapbet Aerobics but it's about the show Supernatural. I've seen quite a few other parodies of this song, (Harry Potter, Pokemon, etc...) and I've already posted it but I haven't monetized it. I was thinking about doing that but I wanted to make sure it was okay to do. I tried to read up on it but I couldn't find anything that said yay or nay. Any help? If you need to see it to understand what I'm talking about, the name is Supernatural Rap (Alphabet Aerobics Parody) Thanks!

silverwolfer

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter
Parody is allowes but the autofilter may snag it. You will need to challenge it under fair use for it to be unsnagged

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Under the fair use protection act parodies are fair use.

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I did a parody of the blackilicious song Alphapbet Aerobics but it's about the show Supernatural.
If you're using the song to talk about or poke fun at something other than the original song, author, or what the song represents, it's considered satire and would not as easily fall under fair use.

See the sticky thread on the main 'Copyright, Claims, Strikes & Legal Discussion' for more details and examples.