a new microphone!

TheAsasaint

♛ Video Killed the Radio Star ♛
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
so some of you might be following me on my Channel and my Microphone is pretty low-qual! but then get this :D im buying a new microphone and i was looking around ebay. i really wanted the Blue Yeti! which sounds marvelous btw but as i cannot afford it so as i was searching around i stumbled across this so called Blue Snowball and it sounded great aswell and for a pretty cheap price. the thing is is that the product is not available for shipping here in my country so there was an alternative which i found this:

The " Samson C01u USB Microphone " so i reviewed it alittle to see cause it was available for shipping and for a good price which i have saved up for if you guys would like to hear how it sounds ill give you a Link

so i posted this because i wanted to get your feedback once more,

1)did i make a good decision on Buying this?
2)was it Worth it?
3) are there more cheaper and better quality Microphones than this?
4)I Like Pie
5)do you have one? if so tell me how you like it.

TL;DR? : Im buying a new microphone and i need your Opinion if i did the Right Choice in Picking this one.

Lilikoi Juice

I do all my own graphics!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
I think the sound quality sounds very good on the Samson. Are there different setting to it, like adjustable gain/volume/etc.? It wasn't mentioned in the video... :eek: If it also has some adjustable options on it I think it's a good deal.
I have a Yeti I bought used off of eBay for about $90 USD. You might want to check there too, if you truly want a Yeti. I use a generic pop filter with it and I do like it, but this Samson looks pretty good. As for other microphones... the Blue Snowball, my friend had one and he didn't like it; so much that he bought a Yeti instead, so I'd suggest not getting that... :p I'm not too familiar with other microphones honestly.

I know you use a headset though, so are you going to do away with the current "look" with the face cam?

Reactions: TheAsasaint

TheAsasaint

♛ Video Killed the Radio Star ♛
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
thanks for the Feedback Lilikoi :D, i really wanted the yeti but i couldnt afford the shipment to it :) it is 90$ but heck the shipment isnt free :( so ill have to add another 50$ to it and i really wanted a new one since i think this cheap 10$ head set from logitech is acting up cause my audio for it is becoming more of a pain, so yeah i think this is a good start :)!
Youre Awesome :) thank you so much for the feed back :)

ill always do facecam :D i plan on upgrading Webcam when i earn again ,the one with a more HD look something like a
HD Pro Webcam C920

Lilikoi Juice

I do all my own graphics!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
ill always do facecam :D i plan on upgrading Webcam when i earn again ,the one with a more HD look something like a
No problem, and you're welcome :)
Yay! The face cam stays! You're reaction/commentary are genuinely great, keep it up :D

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
The C01U is an excellent mic for the money. You won't be disappointed. Personally, I like it better than the Yeti. It's also not nearly as much of a paperweight, which is nice.