A major discussion with myself...(whats your opionin?)

Urbex Lab.

Reaction score
Hi fellow YouTubers,

For who do not know, ik make urban exploring (urbex) video's. I visit so called abandoned & forgotten buildings, places and so on.

The main priority is to document the location, and my main goal is is spread this experience globally. I am dutch, for as far as I know....not many people outside the Netherlands understand this language. Ofcourse i could switch over to english in my videos (voice-over for example) but I'm not sure if thats really important in my genre.

I also believe that abandoned places should speak to the imagination of the viewer.

So whats the discussion what I am having with myself? Should I speak english. Talk a lot or less is better. Or my final thought; no speaking at all and let the viewer experience it by themself.

Please share your thoughts with me.

Thanks in advance!

Jeroen

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Maybe you can do a very short spoken part in the introduction, saying in short what the building was or anyway give small details, and leave the rest to the viewer's imagination.

Urbex Lab.

Reaction score
Maybe you can do a very short spoken part in the introduction, saying in short what the building was or anyway give small details, and leave the rest to the viewer's imagination.
Thanks! Great minds think alike. ;) No, seriously...i was thinking the same. Short spoken words and sharing the full history in the description box and my site. Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

umbysworld

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I would just put hard subs in the video. Personally, I like having subtitles for anything, even if it's in english. I agree that there should parts without speaking, but maybe go back and forth between that and montages of footage set to music. I'd watch that.

Urbex Lab.

Reaction score
I would just put hard subs in the video. Personally, I like having subtitles for anything, even if it's in english. I agree that there should parts without speaking, but maybe go back and forth between that and montages of footage set to music. I'd watch that.
Perfect! Thanks for your input!! I think that will be a good solution. At the moment i speak dutch but made english subtitles. So it is watchable for engelish speakers, but this concept doesnt feel 'perfect' iy you know what i meen. Thanks again!

Reactions: umbysworld

Urbex Lab.

Reaction score
I agree! I think 20% talking, 80% just silence is a good balance. I think the hard subs wouldnt do any good, because I also have a lot of viewers who speak dutch. But I think the subtitle service that youtube provides are good enough. I always put english subtitles in my video's. Thanks for help! Really appreciate it!

Fran's Corner

Reaction score
Website
franscornerblog.com
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer
I agree with Conso1727, give a brief intro to explain a little something about the building, and then I would pick some powerful music to go along with your video. Perhaps pick something that would make the viewer understand your feelings of being in that particular building.

Just a thought!

Urbex Lab.

Reaction score
I agree with Conso1727, give a brief intro to explain a little something about the building, and then I would pick some powerful music to go along with your video. Perhaps pick something that would make the viewer understand your feelings of being in that particular building.

Just a thought!
And your thought is awesome! Much much thanks for your input!

Reactions: Fran's Corner