A lot of work for nothing

delstacy24

I've Got It
Reaction score
So I decided to work on a video this afternoon. It was one that that required a lot of set up, and I knew that I was only going to get one take. I worked for an hour. Everything seemed to work as planned. Then I got done and realized the camera had stopped. my wife was supposed to have emptied the card the other day and I guess that didn't happen. There is always tomorrow, I guess!

Reactions: Wilad

stratafm

Ryan of the WWW
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Vlogger, Ranter
Been there. lol Frustrating. Very frustrating.

enzerutomoshibi

Evil Fairy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Reviewer
This was me the other day trying to film a dragon fight >.< I feel your pain like a fresh and salted paper cut.

Reactions: stratafm

GamerKeebzy

A Wild Keebzy Appears!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
i think these kinds of things happen to everyone at some point :p many a time i've forgot to hit the record button on my camera and spent 20minutes talking to a non recording camera xD

Reactions: stratafm

mattv2099

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That sucks! I forgot to bring my 2 nice tripods today! So instead of two nice camera angles I had to set one camera on a boulder! doh!!!

MaineJunker

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Me too... was demonstrating shooting a particular target and realized I forgot to start my main camera. Luckily I usually run 2 cameras at different angles and cam2 had some usable footage. Cam2 is my low resolution flip cam that I put in the danger zone, it has taken shrapnel numerous times and keeps on ticking. Glad it was there.

30 fps isn't always fast enough to catch a fireball or muzzle blast but if I run 2 cameras I have found that one or the other usually has the shot I want.

I'm thinking of reinvesting my adsense earnings for a Lumix FZ200 which can shoot video at 240 fps.

Wilad

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Dang! At least you know the procedure for next time and I hope it's still possible to get the footage. I've done that before recording music when I've played something and then excitedly go to edit it and realize I didn't hit record. :cold:

WeisApple

Reaction score
That's one of those moments of NOOOooooooo!!! Oh well.
cue ominous music, It was the show that no one would see.
Sorry that happened to you. better luck next time for sure

Raetac

Adelaide Youtuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yup been there done that. I have done it way to many times, either forget to get the video capture to record or to get the mixer recording the microphones to get in gear. It gets better when you start getting a routine down :)