A good screen recorder for Windows 10?

ilikepstrophies

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Does anyone know of a good screen recorder for Windows 10 that's easy to use and actually works? Please don't say the built in one because that's for games, I want to record my Windows screen. Thanks for your help.

Kush Patel

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
lol I still use camstudio, but I don't really screen record that much

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I use OBS on win10. Works like a charm and you can set up all the different things you need, split audio tracks, webcam, overlay, add random images on screen if you need be. Lot of options with it.

Kira.Yamaguchi

The Legend
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Designer
As what everyone here said.
OBS is probably the best. OBS Classic to be exact. Free, reliable, easy-to-use and customize.

Bandicam is also a good one.

Doctor Dano

Doctor Dano
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Does anyone know of a good screen recorder for Windows 10 that's easy to use and actually works? Please don't say the built in one because that's for games, I want to record my Windows screen. Thanks for your help.
I use Fraps for screen recordings and Dxtory for gameplay recording. Dxtory is so good, but it doesnt record desktop sadly.

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
As what everyone here said.
OBS is probably the best. OBS Classic to be exact. Free, reliable, easy-to-use and customize.

Bandicam is also a good one.
I don't like Classic, Studio's an improved version for a reason... quality of life improvements a plenty. Only real benefit I see to Classic is maybe it has less buttons to push for people that don't want to spend some time watching 10 mins of videos to memorize what every button does.

I've seen some use both though, one for screen/gameplay and one for webcam so they can play around with it in editing.

Kira.Yamaguchi

The Legend
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Designer
I don't like Classic, Studio's an improved version for a reason... quality of life improvements a plenty. Only real benefit I see to Classic is maybe it has less buttons to push for people that don't want to spend some time watching 10 mins of videos to memorize what every button does.

I've seen some use both though, one for screen/gameplay and one for webcam so they can play around with it in editing.
OBS Studio is pretty buggy to me. It can't detect my webcam so I'm still using Classic.

ilikepstrophies

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the responses everyone. I guess the consensus says use OBS, now to look into it and learn