A few obviously ways to prevent video theft

Unknown_user0001

I Love YTtalk
Well for the truth there is no way to prevent video theft, but you can stop them from taking the credit from it. Some of these tips may seem obvious, but I will say them anyway.

1. Intro/Outro - Intros and Outros featuring your youtube channel will always let the viewer know it is your content, always put your name or channel name in the intro or anyone can claim it as their own.

2. Watermark - A watermark on your video always helps or maybe some text in the corner featuring your channel name works good too. (This is probably the most important as people can trim out the intro)

3. Say your name! - In vlogs, tutorials and commentaries always say your channel name (repeatedly if you can) or anyone can take it. This is important because I have seen the same tutorial on 5 different channels, they do not say their name and now no one knows the original owner.

I know these are obvious but this has been a topic for a few days now so I thought I would just remind everyone that you can't prevent it, you can only make it look yours.

Watermark is the best to be honest, and GreatAndRandom, use Sony Vegas...

Haven't used the in video programming one but I actually hear great things about it.

Back