A "fan" messaged me

wtefe

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Creeeeppyyyyy. Yea they are out there. From simple crushes to full blown obsessions. I don't get much viewership and even I got a stalkerish person messaging me for awhile. Ignore, keep moving forward, do you, surround yourself with good people, busy yourself with activities you love. Be kind but don't be a door mat.
(wow, i'm all creeped out now lol)

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I haven´t got anyone who wants to date or wed me, but I have had some people wanting to meet me in real life. I have met one, as he already got tickets to meet me, and I didn´t want to be a douche.
The day turned out good!

KantoGaming

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Oh my gosh :eeks: that's insane! I was streaming a few weeks ago and someone commented that they were hacking me. I got so scared I had to stop streaming.

From my experience people just like to bug you and make you feel uncomfortable. It's part of being online lol

Varlais Alata

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Oh, I know the feels of being creeped out, just block them. It's that simple, and be sure that any information you can google about your channel doesn't lead back to where you live/ other personal information, then you should be fine :)

Dr. Creepster

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I believe that it's normal when you "expose" yourself on the internet as youtubers do. Especially if you are a girl.
I haven't experienced anything like that yet, but i believe that blocking them is the way to go :)

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm not a girl and I don't show my face, plus my channel isn't about me at all, so I don't get anything like this. Weirdest I got was this guy that kept requesting videos and was very specific about how he wanted the titles to be. Not only that, but if he requested 2 videos and I responded to one saying I added his request to my list, he'd say "can you retyped (sic) 'I've added your 2 requests to my list'." He would comment on videos and ask me to change the title to something he thought it should be. I think he had autism or something, because the things he asked reminded me of this kid my wife used to babysit.

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
He was probably butthurt because you weren't available lol

TheAngryPanda

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Unfortunately the majority of the time it's the girls that receive the most grief but there are a lot of people that just try to get a reaction, I think the best option is just to ignore unless it sounds threatening and by that I mean knowing your address etc. Had a troll myself once from a game called Rocket League tell me he was going to "get me", found me on Steam, pasted my facebook in chat and all that. Wasn't particularly afraid as have been gaming online since it began pretty much but you know know if there's that one person who will take it too far.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Block him from commenting / contacting you and keep on trucking. I don't have that issue myself, being an ugly mofo helps. But if I did I would 100% remove that person from my on-line life by blocking them.

pcgamergirl

Coffee Fiend
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm not a girl and I don't show my face, plus my channel isn't about me at all, so I don't get anything like this. Weirdest I got was this guy that kept requesting videos and was very specific about how he wanted the titles to be. Not only that, but if he requested 2 videos and I responded to one saying I added his request to my list, he'd say "can you retyped (sic) 'I've added your 2 requests to my list'." He would comment on videos and ask me to change the title to something he thought it should be. I think he had autism or something, because the things he asked reminded me of this kid my wife used to babysit.
That is SUPER weird lol