A "fan" messaged me

Cristy Ella

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A few months ago a fan asked me if I have a boyfriend. I of course said yes. So he got angry at me and then blocked me on my facebook page (not my personal profile). Anyway, I made a video explaining I've been ill for the last few weeks. He unblocked me and messaged me asking if I am going to die. I have been a little creeped out. More a gut feeling then anything.

Have you guys had a fan that is a little weird?

LiquidGaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I do get some strange messages, I don't show my face in my videos and people send me some creepy stuff asking for photos etc. Your best bet is to just ignore them or block them from your channel altogether.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just block the weirdos

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Woah that's creepy as heck, I've had a few creepy messages here and there (which surprised me)
one guy who messaged me suggested that we get married and develop the YouTube channel together LOL, but never anything that creepy! I'd block him on everything you have, especially your personal fb :O

Cristy Ella

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The weirdest one I had was some guy threatened to kill himself if I dont wed him. I made my boyfriend and admin on my youtube page to help me with odd comments

joannavlogs

Love always wins
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Luckily I haven't had anything like this happen yet! But yeah I would just go ahead and block them! There are quite a few weird people on the internet and luckily we can block them back! At least he hasn't trolled your videos and left public comments etc!

pcgamergirl

Coffee Fiend
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I had a random dude send this to me the other day.
okh566q.png
Sometimes it's fun being a girl on the Interwebs!

Reactions: Chelsea Hutson

Lekjih

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have had someone ask me how I would kill myself if I were going to do it, then when I didn't answer, then asked me for a pair of filthy dirty socks. I don't even think they were a sub as this was back when I knew who everyone was who was subbed to me!

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yes, about a week ago I had to block someone on literally every social media I could think of, because he was harassing me to date him when I wasn't interested, he would message me everyday asking me what I was wearing, how pretty I was etc, then when I told him I wasn't interested he flipped out one minute then the next he was begging me everyday to give him a chance, it freaked me out. It all started with him messaging me on twitter asking to do a collaboration, I cannot stress enough now how you must not meet up with anyone you don't know that well to d a collaboration, I'm so glad I didn't go, stick to online collabs until you know and trust them enough to meet, this guy was seriously crazy