A "different voice"

T.C.

Reaction score
Hello guys, I am looking for a way to essentially change my voice. I will not be in the video, but I will be narrating them. Is there a way to change my voice a little. It is for documentary purposes. Does audacity allow you to make changes like that?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the recording / editing / production / software / hardware forum. :)

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Change or enhance?
Assuming you will edit the video in what software will you do it?
I mean have you tested check if your program can already do what you want to do in your voice?
If i may suggest, keep in mind that better than messing with a voice in post is to ask / hire a person with a natural talented voice if you believe that you will not give the tone you wish to have your video. As the cliche says audio is half of the video.
:)

Reactions: T.C.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hello guys, I am looking for a way to essentially change my voice. I will not be in the video, but I will be narrating them. Is there a way to change my voice a little. It is for documentary purposes. Does audacity allow you to make changes like that?
Look around online. Just look up voice changers. In my software I can make the pitch and certain aspects change because it has a secondary audio software. I'm sure you can find a demo of something. I have Cyberlink Powerdirector Director's Suite, it comes with a video editor, 2 audio programs, and a picture editor. If you are a student they give you a big discount too.

MU.

Reaction score
Hey T.C. :)

Using the right microphone, environment and recording tools,
processing your recording (EQ, compression, noise reduction)
and learning some narration technics (on YouTube) can go a long way..

Just make sure that the final narration sounds natural :)
Using too much effects and especially voice changing tools might result in an unnatural voice that can be distracting to your viewers

like videoeditgr wrote, If it is a single project you can consider working with a narrator
or maybe record your voice in a professional studio and let a professional sound person get the results

Hope this helps :thumbsup2:

Reactions: T.C.