A Brand New way of doing Collabs. This will help you grow!

Do you want to participate in one of the giveaways?

• Hell Yes!

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • i'll pass

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rushy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey Guys! Have you heard of Collabean? This is a new concept that was created recently, that aims to help content creators grow by a form of Community giveaway!

The concept is super simple, instead of you creating a solo giveaway of let's say 10$, you will be placed with other content creators that will also pay 10$, in order to make a Bigger giveaway! And the better the price, the more people will come to participate. It also works similar to a collaboration since every content creator involved in the giveaway, will use is social media to help promoting it!

Do you like the idea? If you guys have any questions about the project, let me know down in the comments!

Last edited by a moderator:

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Giveaways will not help you grow. at all.

It will bring in a small amount of people who stick around for the giveaway who then leave once it's over and will just create a lot of empty subscribers/dead views.

If you want to grow collaborate with others through creating Good Content together.

Rushy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Giveaways will not help you grow. at all.

It will bring in a small amount of people who stick around for the giveaway who then leave once it's over and will just create a lot of empty subscribers/dead views.

If you want to grow collaborate with others through creating Good Content together.

That depends on how you do the giveaways bro :) I understand what you mean by having Empty Subs and dead views, and I used to think just like that, but after reading more about it and researched more, I came to the conclusion that if a giveaway is done right, it can bring you a lot of attention. If you think about it, it's better for you to have someone subbed that watches a video now and then, that not having that person subscribed at all :)

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
That depends on how you do the giveaways bro :) I understand what you mean by having Empty Subs and dead views, and I used to think just like that, but after reading more about it and researched more, I came to the conclusion that if a giveaway is done right, it can bring you a lot of attention. If you think about it, it's better for you to have someone subbed that watches a video now and then, that not having that person subscribed at all :)
I would rather someone watches my content because they like my content not because im basically paying them to watch.

OldManTenno

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have to disagree with giveaways not working. Grant my channel is still quite small, but I've seen a nearly 69% increase in subs within the last week doing giveaways (115 to 169). I believe it worked because of a couple things. First, I did a giveaway for a brand new skin in a game I video about, so the prize is directly relatable (and desirable) to the audience. Second is that I sought out and found other places that are active on social media (Facebook in this case) and promoted it there (I also make a point to be active there). Third is that I started using Gleam for the latest giveaway. It's a pretty neat site to use, and you can set incentives to enter like subbing for your channel. Hope this helps.

philipp7pc

Reaction score
Sorry to be the arty pooper in my first entry to this forum. But I also don’t think giveaways help you grow naturally. I am giving away a drone in my one year vlog anniversary; and the entries have been very few and pretty badly informed. So... I don’t believe in giveaways.

Rushy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sorry to be the arty pooper in my first entry to this forum. But I also don’t think giveaways help you grow naturally. I am giving away a drone in my one year vlog anniversary; and the entries have been very few and pretty badly informed. So... I don’t believe in giveaways.
did you advertise your Giveaway in the right way?[DOUBLEPOST=1537582837,1537582746][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have to disagree with giveaways not working. Grant my channel is still quite small, but I've seen a nearly 69% increase in subs within the last week doing giveaways (115 to 169). I believe it worked because of a couple things. First, I did a giveaway for a brand new skin in a game I video about, so the prize is directly relatable (and desirable) to the audience. Second is that I sought out and found other places that are active on social media (Facebook in this case) and promoted it there (I also make a point to be active there). Third is that I started using Gleam for the latest giveaway. It's a pretty neat site to use, and you can set incentives to enter like subbing for your channel. Hope this helps.
you should join collabean, we use Gleam.io to do the giveaways, the only difrence from us to the giveaway you did, is that in collagean isteadof having one youtube entry you have 5 youtube and 5 twitch and everyone promotes the giveaway! Specially if you are in to gaming you should join!

KiahOnFire

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I always to find giveaways as a double edged sword in a way, as it can bring a influx of people in, it can also bring an influx of people who just want free stuff and then they leave.

So it's alright to do it now and again but if you do it too often then you'll find yourself with a lot of people who just want free stuff and they're only with you for that purpose.

OldManTenno

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I always to find giveaways as a double edged sword in a way, as it can bring a influx of people in, it can also bring an influx of people who just want free stuff and then they leave.

So it's alright to do it now and again but if you do it too often then you'll find yourself with a lot of people who just want free stuff and they're only with you for that purpose.
I can believe that, but I also believe that should push you to make quality content. Also, I'm only advertising the giveaway for a specific market. In this case, for the game I play and video about.