Dude I am being realistic. Tons of people spam post videos that are simply not interesting. Instead of fixing the problem you are encouraging the problem. Not taking a crack at you but you have 160 videos and just 70 or so subs and 2700 views. She is in the same problem. I never said I was against vlogging but you got to make videos that are interesting.
i know what you mean but JUST having 70 subs is the best thing :D , each person means a hell of a lot to me and every video isn't going to be interesting to everyone, people go by their own ways, everyone finds there comfortable routine and i think any advice that is given can be used in some sort of way but at the end of the day, its julia and claires choice to what they decide :)

i know what you mean but JUST having 70 subs is the best thing :D , each person means a hell of a lot to me and every video isn't going to be interesting to everyone, people go by their own ways, everyone finds there comfortable routine and i think any advice that is given can be used in some sort of way but at the end of the day, its julia and claires choice to what they decide :)

Yes of course but having low viewership means people don't think your content is that interesting. As I said you should both pick a theme to vlog about and stick to it. It's a way of capturing a market share because generic vlogging is too broad to capture market share.

Yes of course but having low viewership means people don't think your content is that interesting. As I said you should both pick a theme to vlog about and stick to it. It's a way of capturing a market share because generic vlogging is too broad to capture market share.
but then does that mean its the same for the bigger youtubers? for instance someone has 1 million subs but get roughly 100,000 views a video, is their content not that interesting? theres a lot of ways to look at things like this :) plus i'm sticking to gaming not vlogging, but i enjoy watching vlogs too

Dude I am being realistic. Tons of people spam post videos that are simply not interesting. Instead of fixing the problem you are encouraging the problem. Not taking a crack at you but you have 160 videos and just 70 or so subs and 2700 views. She is in the same problem. I never said I was against vlogging but you got to make videos that are interesting.

We think that everyone has different opinions about what's interesting. We understand that lately we have been posting videos that are "trend" videos, or videos with a title that have already been done, but we try our best to put our own personality and storyline into them, and not make them the same as other videos that have already been created. Also we don't really consider ourselves vloggers, but we sometimes make vlogs about important things going on in our lives. Also, the weeks go by so quickly, and people request us to do challenge videos (which we only do if they sound fun) When you think about it, we only have 35 videos, so we will keep putting lots of effort into our upcoming videos.

We think that everyone has different opinions about what's interesting. We understand that lately we have been posting videos that are "trend" videos, or videos with a title that have already been done, but we try our best to put our own personality and storyline into them, and not make them the same as other videos that have already been created. Also we don't really consider ourselves vloggers, but we sometimes make vlogs about important things going on in our lives. Also, the weeks go by so quickly, and people request us to do challenge videos (which we only do if they sound fun) When you think about it, we only have 35 videos, so we will keep putting lots of effort into our upcoming videos.
your doing good! :)

but then does that mean its the same for the bigger youtubers? for instance someone has 1 million subs but get roughly 100,000 views a video, is their content not that interesting? theres a lot of ways to look at things like this :) plus i'm sticking to gaming not vlogging, but i enjoy watching vlogs too

it's because they got there first. Did you not read my other posts? seriously it is the same concept in political economy. Let's say a country liberalizes its trade policy and opens its doors to foreign companies. Let's call the first companies that come the original vloggers. Now let's say 10 years late smaller companies (Julie and Claire) come. They won't have a target audience or customers to take because the bigger companies already grabbed a monopoly. Therefore the smaller companies have to differentiate because what's the point of working with the smaller companies if they offer the same exact thing as the bigger companies. The whole point of this sub forum is to knock sense into people. When people criticize me, I want them to truly criticize me and not just tell me what I want to hear. And I feel you are all doing that.

Like last week a guy told me I should improve my animations. I listened and worked on my animations and now I gained about 10 subs in less than a week.

it's because they got there first. Did you not read my other posts? seriously it is the same concept in political economy. Let's say a country liberalizes its trade policy and opens its doors to foreign companies. Let's call the first companies that come the original vloggers. Now let's say 10 years late smaller companies (Julie and Claire) come. They won't have a target audience or customers to take because the bigger companies already grabbed a monopoly. Therefore the smaller companies have to differentiate because what's the point of working with the smaller companies if they offer the same exact thing as the bigger companies. The whole point of this sub forum is to knock sense into people. When people criticize me, I want them to truly criticize me and not just tell me what I want to hear. And I feel you are all doing that.

Like last week a guy told me I should improve my animations. I listened and worked on my animations and now I gained about 10 subs in less than a week.
i am not telling you what you want to hear, i just want people to help each other because either way, we are ALL small channels, we ALL have potential, whether we produce top quality videos or not, there is always room for improvement in the future.

We think that giving real advice is good, but when it comes to interesting, we think it's more of a matter of opinion. Plus while this forum is for giving advice, we think it should also be a place where small channels can come together and support each other, but thanks for your advice, we will work on adding a little more creativity.[DOUBLEPOST=1498860050,1498858359][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not to discredit your effort but I think the reason you have so few subscribers is because your videos are a little generic and therefore it makes it difficult to compete. I am not trying to dissuade you at all. What I am just saying is that you have to create more unique and creative content to get noticed. There are far too many vloggers who post the same exact videos as you. I would also suggest trying to find a niche community within reddit to post on. I advertise many of my videos on military subreddits and they do very well, since the subreddits are large enough to gain an audience, but small enough to not be lost in a see of links. I would particularly focus on subreddits that have around 6-16 users on at any time.

We're looking back at your advice, and we get it. Thanks so much for your advice. Your example of big companies and small companies compared to big youtubers and small youtubers was really great and helpful! Thanks so much. We will try to think of more creative content for the future

i am not telling you what you want to hear, i just want people to help each other because either way, we are ALL small channels, we ALL have potential, whether we produce top quality videos or not, there is always room for improvement in the future.

yes but helping entails constructive criticism.[DOUBLEPOST=1498867152,1498867052][/DOUBLEPOST]
We think that giving real advice is good, but when it comes to interesting, we think it's more of a matter of opinion. Plus while this forum is for giving advice, we think it should also be a place where small channels can come together and support each other, but thanks for your advice, we will work on adding a little more creativity.[DOUBLEPOST=1498860050,1498858359][/DOUBLEPOST]

We're looking back at your advice, and we get it. Thanks so much for your advice. Your example of big companies and small companies compared to big youtubers and small youtubers was really great and helpful! Thanks so much. We will try to think of more creative content for the future

Good. Find a hobby or a passion you have and use it. Do you like horse riding? Then make vlogs about horse riding. Just give people a reason to like your videos. I will sub to motivate you.

Back