88 subs from nowhere ? Help me figure this out

Hardisk

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Hi
So my channel just jumped from 1.030 subscribers to 1.118 for absolutely no reasons. Worst than that , I received no email notifications that I got new subs (I have my account set up to email me at each new subscribers and it worked fine when Athene promoted me and I got 300 subs in one night).

Anyone got a clue as to what the heck just happened? How can I know where do they come from?

Reactions: Itskamren

Our little life UK

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Mine has gone up by about 5, its not a big jump but we are the same no email notifications from this.

Hardisk

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Damn so YouTube notifications are broken once again

That's bad , because a 88 subscribers jump for no reasons means i'm being attacked with bots again.. this is getting stupid.
I'll wait and see how things evolves.

Our little life UK

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I had a few subscriber emails past few days but numbers generally stayed same so I assumed we gained one, we lost one ....

DeantheDinosauce

Cartoonist/Animator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
There's always someone with a bucket of lava ready to throw at someone trying make it on YouTube, isn't there? :(

I really hope it wasn't a bot.

Spenner11

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Same i went from 49 to 57 and no emails about it, oh well, i'm not complaining ;)

SamaJaffa

Just some E[PIC]nglish guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
My guess is that 88 ninjas have subscribed to you so that's why you got no emails XD

Hardisk

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Well after crunching some numbers it appears it wasn't bots but simply my subs count being frozen.
I'll know more tomorrow afternoon when the analytics for this night are made available.

ThePrinceofMillAve

The Dark Heart of My Little Pwny
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Damn so YouTube notifications are broken once again

That's bad , because a 88 subscribers jump for no reasons means i'm being attacked with bots again.. this is getting stupid.
I'll wait and see how things evolves.
The use of bots to hit channels really strikes me as terrible bad sportsmanship with YouTube. I was hit with a vote bot several years ago (gained 30 down votes on almost every video I had.) A terrible thing.

If YouTube only had better customer service, their own analytics team could easily suss this one out. I'd suggest seeing if you can drill down into the analytics to figure out where views are coming from and that might give at least a scrim of idea where the subs came from. Of course, if it's bots, chances are they'll come from "nowhere" which might be an indicator.

Hardisk

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Okay so I got the analytics back

YouTube analytics won't be available from another 2 days so I don't have access to the source of that traffic, however I know what it did when it came here trough other stats websites.

What peeks my interest is that it all came in the same hour, in my hourly subscribers earning for that day , it goes : 1, 0, 0, 0, 2, 0, 88, 0, 0 , 0 ... that doesn't make any sense.

However combined with the fact that I still didn't receive any notification email , I still confirm the theory that the YouTube sub count glitched/freezed.

I will have more info' in 1 or 2 days when YouTube analytics for the source of this traffic comes available.

Detective Hardisk out !