$800 a month

Fake Cake

Reaction score
$800 a month

It's all I need from Youtube. It's not really a sustainable income, but It'll help a lot.

I know it's practically impossible to accurately estimate the YT income, but if it were you, what would it take to achieve such a goal?

networkstudios

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
well i would not do any gaming videos as my main upload but do weekly gaming streams. i would then focus on vlog and sketch comedy as well as tutorial videos

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I'm not even sure what you're asking.

$800 a month would take (on average, maybe more, maybe fewer) 800,000 views per month.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My lifetime average is $0.71 per 1000 views / $1.61 per 1000 impressions
So if it was me I would need around 1'130'000 views / 620'000 impressions to reach $800 average per month

Hadi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
$800 a month

It's all I need from Youtube. It's not really a sustainable income, but It'll help a lot.

I know it's practically impossible to accurately estimate the YT income, but if it were you, what would it take to achieve such a goal?
To be quite honest with you, It'd take a lot of determination. If you have a channel with around 100,000 subs, you'll need around 10 videos up per month, with content that keeps the audience interested and coming back for more. It's really hard to make that money on YouTube unless you're really famous. Just continue doing YouTube for the fun of it, and hopefully, you'll reach a point where you can live off of it. :D

Fake Cake

Reaction score
Thank you all for the feedback. But man, if that's the case then I REEAAALLY have to come up with something that brings me millions of AD views in order to bring $800 to the table with just 1 video a month?

Hadi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thank you all for the feedback. But man, if that's the case then I REEAAALLY have to come up with something that brings me millions of AD views in order to bring $800 to the table with just 1 video a month?
That's the harsh truth. However, there are several ways to speed up the process. You could target countries with a high CPM. For example, my country, Lebanon, has a CPM of $10.5!
Honestly though, if you're doing Youtube only for the money, I suggest you don't do YouTube at all.

Fake Cake

Reaction score
That's the harsh truth. However, there are several ways to speed up the process. You could target countries with a high CPM. For example, my country, Lebanon, has a CPM of $10.5!
Honestly though, if you're doing Youtube only for the money, I suggest you don't do YouTube at all.
I think I'd stay in US since I don't speak Arabic. Besides, if I do it for sole reason of earning money, then I would've asked for more than $800.

Hadi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think I'd stay in US since I don't speak Arabic. Besides, if I do it for sole reason of earning money, then I would've asked for more than $800.
I do understand where you're coming from, but targeting a specific type of audience doesn't necessarily mean speaking their language. Besides, it was just an example. There's a plethora of other countries with a high CPM.

Another idea would be external advertisements and sponsorships: you could email several companies and set up a deal with them, where you advertise their product. You then negotiate how much they would pay you for each view.

If you have more than 10,000 subscribers, you could also use the platform YTTalk advertises: FameBit. It's another way for you to get sponsored by companies.

Best of luck!

Scapestrato

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
To stay on the safe side you should aim for 2 millions views per month.

Some niches attract lots of traffic from Asian countries that will drag your CPM down

Reactions: Crown