- The other 2 videos are being monetized normally
- 55k of the views are coming from the copyrighted videos
- 15k of the views are coming from the other 2 videos

So why have I made so far only $1.02?

Video 1: $0.54
Video 2: $0.42
Video 3 (with copyright): $0.04
Video 4 (with copyright):$0.02

Even if I didn't make a penny on the videos with copyright, surely I should have made more then $1 for the other 2 videos?

My only guess is about 80% of the views have come from Turkey (I'm running a channel in Turkish); and maybe the ad rates are unbelievably poor there... but really that can't be it?

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I´m not sure but I think it is the sad reality......I really dont know much about the topic but for small youtubers the earnings from ads is a joke.. I had ads on my videos once but is is small change you will make here. It is ridiculous IMO. The only reason for having ads on your videos is that some say your videos will rank better. Dont know if thats true though

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
When your channel is small with little subs/no partnership or anything you will have a very low CPM. It's lower depending on what kind of content you make.

imjayw

Reaction score
I´m not sure but I think it is the sad reality......I really dont know much about the topic but for small youtubers the earnings from ads is a joke.. I had ads on my videos once but is is small change you will make here. It is ridiculous IMO. The only reason for having ads on your videos is that some say your videos will rank better. Dont know if thats true though
When your channel is small with little subs/no partnership or anything you will have a very low CPM. It's lower depending on what kind of content you make.
I appreciate the reply, but I didn't think a small channel would be a factor, if the views/subs have been coming in..

The channel has only been live for 2 weeks, so it is a fresh channel but i've been getting up to 10k views a day, and around 140 subs a day... I should hit 1000 subscribers today.

Are you saying that an old channel gaining 5000 views a day will make more money in ads than a new channel gaining 5000 views a day? because I didn't think the age of a channel was a factor?

FM_WORLD

Reaction score
I have a similar issue albeit on a smaller scale

I received 9,000 views in 24 hours a couple of days ago and my earning still state $0.01. I thought it was because I hadn't crossed 10k views but now I have and the earnings haven't changed

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
@imjayw @FM_WORLD Like many new creator-partners, you seem to be mistakenly thinking views = automatic earnings. Views don't create money automatically on YouTube; rather money is generated when viewers click on the ads which are served on your videos.

No clicks or few ad clicks mean only a couple of cents earned; no matter how many views a video receives. Revenue sharing due to copyright claims means you earn even less.

Last edited: