600 Videos - help me divide my channel, advice needed

Steverd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I need some help and advice. (this might be long)
My channel has over 600 video and 4700 subscribers, gaining 100 subs a month.

MY PROBLEM is too many subjects on my channel. But I am worried about dividing up
the channel and losing the slow gain I have now. BUT channels on single subjects could
rank higher on SEO / search results.

Below is my video subject and the number of videos I have on the subject:

Frogs, Fish & Shrimp - 131 videos
Dogs - 41 videos
Concerts - 96 videos
Reviews - 57 views
How to / DIY - 43 videos
Retro Gaming - 43 videos
Arcade machines / Game room - 41 videos
Hot Wheels - 37 videos
Food - 36 videos
Tech - PC and iPhone - 26 videos
Commodore 64 Videos - 21 videos
Plants/flowers - 16 videos

Last month I started a new Concert Channel and a new Commdore 64 channel.
So those videos are in the process of getting moved, I now have 30 Subs on my new Commodore 64 channel already.

I want to leave my main channel as: Dogs, Frogs, Fish & Shrimps (leave it as Steve's World)

What about other grouping for new channels? How about adding:
Food & Reviews
How-To (DIY) channel
Retro Arcade and Games
(This would give me six channels to run, but they would all be more focused)

That would leave: Hot Wheels (leave or delete), PC/iPhone(leave or delete) and then Plants/Flowers.
What would you do with these?

How about the names? I would probably continue to use the Steve's World like:
Steve's World (main pain)
Steve's World Concerts
Steve's World Food & Reviews
Steve's World How To and DIY
Etc, thinking this could be some kind of linking or branding, does it matter much?

WOW, did anyone actually read all of this, sorry its so long, but it might be time for a channel slpit and I REALLY NEED YOUR advice and opinions - Thank you so much for reading or replying!
Steve

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I think this fits a little better in the branding / channel design discussion forum, so I've moved it there.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
First of all I would have to say that it is impressive with more than 600 videos:up2: Amazing and a great job:)
That being said Im not quite sure what to do. I dont think I would divide it but just continue (even though you might feel that 100 subs a month is not enough)
But look at it this way: You know what you got and DONT know what you will get if you divide it:) But thats just my point of view

Reactions: Steverd

Quick Question

Questions Answer Everything
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm going to give it to you straight. If you want to grow and become a name in your game (niche). You can't be all over the place (Well you can but it will take a lot longer). I think you should pick the niche that has the most potential and/or is your favorite and just continue to do that one thing with a lot of variation and adjusting for trends, etc. Trust me. YouTube is a place where you want to put all your eggs in one basket, just make sure those are some good a** eggs. Good luck and have fun.

Steverd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
First of all I would have to say that it is impressive with more than 600 videos:up2: Amazing and a great job:)
That being said Im not quite sure what to do. I dont think I would divide it but just continue (even though you might feel that 100 subs a month is not enough)
But look at it this way: You know what you got and DONT know what you will get if you divide it:) But thats just my point of view
Thank you for your comments and thoughts.
I also like the idea of NOT dividing my channel into SIX channels, It would be alot of working making that move.
And each would start over with zero subs and prob. very little traffic.

Any other thoughts?

Danica Christin

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's difficult since you have so many topics and many of them are unrelated. I have grouped them a little bit for you:

Animals/Home
Frogs, Fish & Shrimp - 131 videos
Dogs - 41 videos
Plants/flowers - 16 videos
How to / DIY - 43 videos
Food - 36 videos

PC/Games
Tech - PC and iPhone - 26 videos
Commodore 64 Videos - 21 videos
Retro Gaming - 43 videos
Arcade machines / Game room - 41 videos

Concerts - 96 videos

Hot Wheels - 37 videos

Reviews - 57 views

So as you can see there are two bigger themes where you can group several types of videos together. Maybe you can have two channels and one type of video that's a bit off topic on each? But I definitely wouldn't do more than 2 channels.

Hope this helps.