6 Ways To Make Money On Youtube

Conor Murray

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
While making money shouldn't be your sole reason for joining Youtube making some extra cash from what is really just a hobby should not be sniffed at. Here are the best ways I have seen to make money through your Youtube channel.

BECOME A YOUTUBE PARTNER
Becoming a partner is the most coveted yet elusive method of earning an income from your channel. If you want to follow this path here is a guide on how to become a Youtube partner.

INDIVIDUAL VIDEO MONETISATION
Should you create one extremely popular video Youtube will send you a message asking you if you want to monetise that video. All you have to do is click yes, connect an adsense account and begin earning.

AFFILIATE PROGRAM
An affiliate program involves you promoting goods or services that are sold on the web. Should a user follow your affiliate link and make a purchase then you receive a commission from the sale. Neobux, a website that pays you to click advertisements is a good example of this as you earn money by referring other users to the website. Sign up here:
SELL YOUR VIDEOS/SERVICES
This is generally an option if you are talented at something others on Youtube struggle at. For example if you are a talented animator you could make animated music videos or intro's for channels.

SELL YOUR CHANNEL
If you have a popular channel in a targeted niche then selling your channel to a website or company looking to promote their services may be an option. If you wish to do this then you must contact the potential buyers directly. Only attempt this if your channel gets at least 3000 views per video.

GENERATE TRAFFIC FOR YOUR WEBSITE
Generating traffic for your own website can be the most lucrative entry on this list. If your website is in the same niche as your videos then you have the potential to attract a lot of viewers and generate a lot of profit. Here is a guide to marketing your website on youtube.

This article on how to make money on Youtube is a shortened version of a post on YoutubeAcademy.net

Victor

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
And you, youir selves havent done one of these :p

Victor

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
even not if you got 1 million dollar for it ?

thefriendlygreek

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
But if you sold it to a friend how would anyone know?
Anything can happen. I'm just putting the warning out there that it's against the TOS and if anyone does find out, they lose the channel.

The more popular the channel (the ones worth buying) are the easiest to catch. If it's a partnered channel, forget about it - they'll find out.

davion100

Awesome Let's Plays
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Oh please, for 1,000,000 not only would I sell my channel, I'd throw in my Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr... I'd even dust off my Myspace page and hand it over. To hell with TOS
What the hell is Myspace ? :eek:

Reactions: SerjEpic