6 months on and barely nothing...

@Drewbles That's awesome to hear. Changing one's diet is difficult, i hear it all the time from everyone and changing to veganism is something people love to see documented as it is not only motivating but also helps people see the realistic side of changing one's diet, its not always going to be a field of roses. C: Keep up the great work!

Its about 6 months now since I officially started. Have managed to get one video out a week at most.

My most popular video (not counting ones b4 i started) has 176 views.

My average per video is like 10-12 views and I have 17 subscribers

So I have 46 videos roundabouts. Someone who started literally round the same time as me has 15 videos and 96 subscribers and gets an average of 50 - 100+ views

Any advice, i really wanna make a career out of this but is this normal for how things go or am i doing something majorly wrong

ok, so I am going to fire off a few questions to you here. #1 what do you do once you post your videos? Do you just let them sit there and wait for the view? because this is NEVER going to work. You need to post your video you YT, then go to FB, find EVERY SINGLE group that is in some way associated with what your videos are about, join the group, become an active member by posting and commenting on stuff and also sharing your video along with that. Then you need to go to twitter and search everything that has to do with your topic and create some kind of reason for people to come back to your twitter account and click and watch your video. like and comment on as much stuff as you can on there. then guess what, next step is go to instagram, post your cover photo and then put the link to it in your bio. then go search everything you can on IG that has anything to do with your topic and like and comment (are you seeing a pattern here). then guess what, once you have done ALLLLL of that....... DO IT AGAIN...AND AGAIN......AND AGAIN..... Join forums that have to do with your topic and do the same thing. The thing is that getting views and subs is a full time job. you cant just simply post on YT and hope the views roll in because they will not. These days you NEED to build your own personal brand and that is what is going to drive people to your channel. Hope that helped! And happy YOUTUBING!!

We have a very similar situation. We have an instagram account, which a lot of our views come from. When we post, we make sure to use lots of tags. I think that it takes a while to get discovered. We're still trying to figure out how to grow our channel. Subscribers do come in slowly, but I think that continuing, and just focusing on making good content, eventually your channel will grow. Good luck!

Julia and Claire

We have a very similar situation. We have an Instagram account, which a lot of our views come from. When we post, we make sure to use lots of tags. I think that it takes a while to get discovered. We're still trying to figure out how to grow our channel. Subscribers do come in slowly, but I think that continuing, and just focusing on making good content, eventually your channel will grow. Good luck!

Julia and Claire
Yep 100% I forgot to mention that as well. when posting on IG and Twitter its key to have as many awesome hashtags as you can! IG will allow 30 so use them all and make them count! ;)

Its about 6 months now since I officially started. Have managed to get one video out a week at most.

My most popular video (not counting ones b4 i started) has 176 views.

My average per video is like 10-12 views and I have 17 subscribers

So I have 46 videos roundabouts. Someone who started literally round the same time as me has 15 videos and 96 subscribers and gets an average of 50 - 100+ views

Any advice, i really wanna make a career out of this but is this normal for how things go or am i doing something majorly wrong

Hey, keep up with the good work

You might want to think about editing your thumbnails - it can be a bit confusing which video is which

ok, so I am going to fire off a few questions to you here. #1 what do you do once you post your videos? Do you just let them sit there and wait for the view? because this is NEVER going to work. You need to post your video you YT, then go to FB, find EVERY SINGLE group that is in some way associated with what your videos are about, join the group, become an active member by posting and commenting on stuff and also sharing your video along with that. Then you need to go to twitter and search everything that has to do with your topic and create some kind of reason for people to come back to your twitter account and click and watch your video. like and comment on as much stuff as you can on there. then guess what, next step is go to instagram, post your cover photo and then put the link to it in your bio. then go search everything you can on IG that has anything to do with your topic and like and comment (are you seeing a pattern here). then guess what, once you have done ALLLLL of that....... DO IT AGAIN...AND AGAIN......AND AGAIN..... Join forums that have to do with your topic and do the same thing. The thing is that getting views and subs is a full time job. you cant just simply post on YT and hope the views roll in because they will not. These days you NEED to build your own personal brand and that is what is going to drive people to your channel. Hope that helped! And happy YOUTUBING!!

That's funny. I posted a grow your channel video about a month ago and said the same thing in just one sentence...

"You can't just post a video and get a million views, you have to sell yourself like a hooker on a street corner across dozen's of social media sites."

Never thought about posting cover photos on Instagram though... [hikes skirt up a little higher]...

Back