6 months on and barely nothing...

Drewbles

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Its about 6 months now since I officially started. Have managed to get one video out a week at most.

My most popular video (not counting ones b4 i started) has 176 views.

My average per video is like 10-12 views and I have 17 subscribers

So I have 46 videos roundabouts. Someone who started literally round the same time as me has 15 videos and 96 subscribers and gets an average of 50 - 100+ views

Any advice, i really wanna make a career out of this but is this normal for how things go or am i doing something majorly wrong

Reactions: Elysia

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
If it gets to you, it means you care, that's a good thing. However don't let it engulf you to the point you start stressing about not getting subscribers and views. First and foremost it's about enjoying your time in front of the camera and learning learning learning. I'm only a couple of months older than your channel, but I've learnt so much over the past few months that's helped me a lot. Comments seem to bring me a lot of subscribers, I'm not entirely sure how because I never ask people to check out my channel or anything, but it just seems to work. I also use reddit, and I get a lot of feedback from that. Find what works for you and keep doing it.

Reactions: Alexander Hoff

Drewbles

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If it gets to you, it means you care, that's a good thing. However don't let it engulf you to the point you start stressing about not getting subscribers and views. First and foremost it's about enjoying your time in front of the camera and learning learning learning. I'm only a couple of months older than your channel, but I've learnt so much over the past few months that's helped me a lot. Comments seem to bring me a lot of subscribers, I'm not entirely sure how because I never ask people to check out my channel or anything, but it just seems to work. I also use reddit, and I get a lot of feedback from that. Find what works for you and keep doing it.
I see it all the time with some of the ones i follow, they release a new video and get million views but you look in the comments and people begging for subs, but they get tons of people agreeing to. I guess i should be proud of the ones i got, i earned them without doing sub 4 sub or begging or even sharing videos on my social media, still don't want family to see them as often i talk about them

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I see it all the time with some of the ones i follow, they release a new video and get million views but you look in the comments and people begging for subs, but they get tons of people agreeing to. I guess i should be proud of the ones i got, i earned them without doing sub 4 sub or begging or even sharing videos on my social media, still don't want family to see them as often i talk about them
Well the fact you've managed to get this far without any social sharing, or actively finding subscribers, I think you've done quite well so far. I think as far as commenting goes, my only takeaway from it would be, just comment as you would a viewer, that's what I do. I watch the videos that interest me, and I make a comment that's fairly long and in depth. I generally start a discussion going and people naturally go to my channel and subscribe if they want to. Yeah begging for subs is trashy, I don't like that idea at all. Curious though why you wouldn't want your family to know? Are you worried what they might think?

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Dont beg sub for sub but genuine comments can see subs/views coming to you.

Drewbles

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just found Erin Janus, wow is she inspiring.

maarcnig

itsLIT!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly you can't expect to get big right away, it'll take time. You have more subscribers than most people so that's a good thing. Just keep producing high quality videos and people will enjoy them. Good luck to ya sir

BrinoVlogs

I've Got It
Reaction score
Yeah with what Maarcnig said, take your time, literally just have fun during this process. It took me a while to get more subscribers because it is hard on youtube to succeed and to grow your channel especially when youtube is so competitive these days. Take your time, and try to use better tags and better thumbnails, that is the first thing your audience will focus on to take in if they want to click on your video or not.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Its about 6 months now since I officially started. Have managed to get one video out a week at most.

My most popular video (not counting ones b4 i started) has 176 views.

My average per video is like 10-12 views and I have 17 subscribers

So I have 46 videos roundabouts. Someone who started literally round the same time as me has 15 videos and 96 subscribers and gets an average of 50 - 100+ views

Any advice, i really wanna make a career out of this but is this normal for how things go or am i doing something majorly wrong
I've moved your thread to the review / feedback forum. :)

For future reference: - Please note that the review forum is the only forum where active YTtalk members can ask for feedback on their videos and channel (including artwork) at the rate of no more than 1 request per week. We like to keep this sort of thread out of the main forums. :) If the review request complies with the review forum rules (at the top of the review forum), then they get approved by a member of staff.

velocity

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Some pointers for you if it helps.

- Promote. You can't expect and hope that your videos will just magically get views alone by tags.
- Work on the branding. The branding and thumbnails need work. It's understandable if you don't have good Photoshop knowledge, that takes years of experience however you can find or even pay a small amount for someone to do that for you.
- The post processing to your voice I would absolutely drop. I'm going to a honest, the squeaky voice makes the videos hard to listen to.
- Equipment. You don't need to drop a ton of money but the try and purchase a mic, it doesn't need to be more than £25 that has good enough quality there isn't a lot of substantial background hissing.