5000 Subscribers no views?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do you put effort into your tags? Do you promote your videos? Those two things are pretty crucial, the second more so if you have under 1000 subs like myself.
Well im never too sure what to put in my tags, but I tend to fill them with the related words to the game, so Pokemon videos would get "Pokemon" and "Nintendo" but yeah, and I post my videos to my Twitter and my facebook but other than that I dont know where to post them without being a bother tbh. (British)

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The reason he has almost 5000 subs is not because of sub4sub but instead because there is one video on the channel with over a million views. There are a couple other vids with over 20k as well.

Honestly, I mean my only guess is that you followed up a lot of the interesting videos with tons of lets plays that they probably were not as interested in and they just stopped checking what you were uploading. Or you took a long break at some point in the last 2 years.

Your best playlist was the Pokemon Theory stuff, and maybe if you stopped uploading those particular videos or did something different people just stopped checking your channel. If you sort your content by the most popular the videos people were the most interested in were not the lets plays but the tutorials and the Pokemon theory. I've had people I was subscribed to who weren't uploading what I enjoyed the most and I just don't check on their content as often.

My guess is the subs are inactive or not paying attention to what you upload.

Reactions: wasabiroots
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ok I will reply now normally and honestly. For us here.. I will be the first to say that WE ARE ALL thinking you got them sub4sub as stated by another user because your numbers don't quite add up for the amount of videos you have but I don't care about that.

Lets analyze it this way... You looking at your old videos to new ones you Started with a moderate amount of views and over time it has gone down to less than 50 per video.
Your clearly a variety channel as the first thing I though is...what does he do? Lets plays?

Let's plays alone will not get you far now days, that train sailed with jack/pew/markaplier and 100000000 youtubers more, its over saturated. You need to reinvent yourself and do something not 100% unique but something that makes you shine amongst a million stars.

Dedicate your channel to something in specific, right now you are doing what I did...go all over the place and its rly hard to determine your nitch. You need to also need to play new games, old ones don't get much tractions. I bet if you make this changes you see a better growth.

Yo dude this was a real load of help, Thanks so much, I am now starting to look into the data and will try and reinvent myself into one direction instead of 20, I have had loads of theory videos in the works, just never felt like they had a place anymore, but I guess if I can re-capture the spark or find a new one, maybe it could ignite

CrazFrank

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ok I will reply now normally and honestly. For us here.. I will be the first to say that WE ARE ALL thinking you got them sub4sub as stated by another user because your numbers don't quite add up for the amount of videos you have but I don't care about that.

Lets analyze it this way... You looking at your old videos to new ones you Started with a moderate amount of views and over time it has gone down to less than 50 per video.
Your clearly a variety channel as the first thing I though is...what does he do? Lets plays?

Let's plays alone will not get you far now days, that train sailed with jack/pew/markaplier and 100000000 youtubers more, its over saturated. You need to reinvent yourself and do something not 100% unique but something that makes you shine amongst a million stars.

Dedicate your channel to something in specific, right now you are doing what I did...go all over the place and its rly hard to determine your nitch. You need to also need to play new games, old ones don't get much tractions. I bet if you make this changes you see a better growth.[DOUBLEPOST=1490727680,1490727178][/DOUBLEPOST]
The reason he has almost 5000 subs is not because of sub4sub but instead because there is one video on the channel with over a million views. There are a couple other vids with over 20k as well.

Honestly, I mean my only guess is that you followed up a lot of the interesting videos with tons of lets plays that they probably were not as interested in and they just stopped checking what you were uploading. Or you took a long break at some point in the last 2 years.

Your best playlist was the Pokemon Theory stuff, and maybe if you stopped uploading those particular videos or did something different people just stopped checking your channel. If you sort your content by the most popular the videos people were the most interested in were not the lets plays but the tutorials and the Pokemon theory. I've had people I was subscribed to who weren't uploading what I enjoyed the most and I just don't check on their content as often.

You see this! This makes sense unlike what i wrote after...god damnit lol. I fail at explaining.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

Thanks so much! This is all painting such a great picture for me, I enjoy doing lets plays but it may be more worth my time to focus my time into what I was clearly quite good at instead of something that is just increasing an ever growing pool of content.

velocity

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well im never too sure what to put in my tags, but I tend to fill them with the related words to the game, so Pokemon videos would get "Pokemon" and "Nintendo" but yeah, and I post my videos to my Twitter and my facebook but other than that I dont know where to post them without being a bother tbh. (British)

I think this is the likely answer. Probably the majority of the 5000 subs are from that 1 video with 1 million views and you don't upload that type of content that they subbed from.

TechSpotJosh

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
No sub4sub at all,not even buying subs, I posted a video a few years back and people loved it and it got 1Million views and a metric butt ton of comments and likes etc, posted videos like it since and they have only got a fraction of the views. Ever since about september of last year my channel has just died.. its almost like it just doesnt appear anywhere

So here's my thoughts on YouTube success. I'm not an expert, but my channel only having 59 subscribers seems to be doing significantly better than yours at the moment. I'm going to address the five elements that I think make for a successful YouTube channel.

Content Relevancy, Content Quality, Supply and Demand, Social Media Presence, and Luck.

When I analyze my own channel's success (I've been doing the YouTube thing for about a month now and I would consider what I've accomplished in that time to be a success) I look at these five elements.

Content Relevancy and Supply and Demand have a direct role on organic traffic to your channel. Social Media Presence and Luck have a direct role on inorganic traffic. Video quality increases the odds that your video will be shared. Organic views are views that are gained by searching on YouTube / Google / Suggested Videos (essentially, any part of YouTube that your video may pop up in.) Social Media Presence is views from you sharing your videos on your various social media platforms. What I consider luck (this happened to me once) is a big tuber commenting on your video, and their subscribers heading over to your channel.

I believe the formula changes based on what kind of content you're putting out there. From glancing at your channel it appears as though you're putting out video game content. The market is currently flooded with this content, therefore the supply is much higher in comparison to the demand. I noticed too you have a guide for the new Pokemon game that was uploaded about a month ago. The game has been out for quite some time now, some people have had early access to it and those people are usually the ones who are also uploading videos and guides (so those guides likely already exist.) I would argue your content has lost its relevancy (or at least the relevancy you would want when first uploading the video.)

I have a friend with a YouTube channel of roughly 20,000 subscribers. He has early access to Pokemon cards before they're sold to the public and he unboxes them and gets a buttload of views. At the time of his upload the supply is low in comparison to the demand. His other videos barely break 5k views.

If your video quality is good you should continue to grow with views on average. Having one video hit a million views I would not consider to be your average video. Look at the trend for your normal videos, the ones that didn't do that and think about those five elements.

vertuu69

Reaction score
Reading this whole thread was like watching a mystery-solving show lmao:biggrin:

I hope you can find the creative spark you need to reignite your channel, bro!

DeliciousCrackers

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I watched the 1 million view video and the recent ones. Its a big BIG difference man, sorry if this is a bit discouraging. People love well made outlined listings of info because its so good to process, people love pokemon, people love theory-crafting you had a winning formula. The gameplay that you upload comes nowhere near to that vid. My opinion try to stick to the structure of that pokemon vid.

BeezKnezzMan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Sweet baby Jesus! Now this is one hell of a thing. I mean I do YouTube for like 3 weeks, and I get like 50 views in a day on a video in the worse possible case. And I got 64 subs... Think you need to change it up a bit. Different flow or some different gaming series or something. Good luck!

P.S. Never give up!