5000 Subscribers no views?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have posted before about getting my content out there, and took a lot of it into account before being told to look at those ridiculous "10 ways to make your channel better" guides which really do not help in the slightest. I love making content and I put all this work in, I post my videos to my Twitter and Facebook and other forms of social media, yet I never peak 20 views. Which is strange, does this mean that its just not going to the sub box? How is it possible that a channel with nearing 5000 subscribers can just be so dead?

Its really making me start to feel like I should just give up.

Maxemole

Resident Potato
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well first off, how did you get to 5000 subs? If it was all sub4sub thats your answer right there.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well first off, how did you get to 5000 subs? If it was all sub4sub thats your answer right there.
No sub4sub at all,not even buying subs, I posted a video a few years back and people loved it and it got 1Million views and a metric butt ton of comments and likes etc, posted videos like it since and they have only got a fraction of the views. Ever since about september of last year my channel has just died.. its almost like it just doesnt appear anywhere

CrazFrank

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have posted before about getting my content out there, and took a lot of it into account before being told to look at those ridiculous "10 ways to make your channel better" guides which really do not help in the slightest. I love making content and I put all this work in, I post my videos to my Twitter and Facebook and other forms of social media, yet I never peak 20 views. Which is strange, does this mean that its just not going to the sub box? How is it possible that a channel with nearing 5000 subscribers can just be so dead? Its really making me start to feel like I should just give up.

Yes... like that young tuber, join ME in the dark side of the force!Do it! let it consume you and quit![DOUBLEPOST=1490722348,1490722003][/DOUBLEPOST]

You got so much to live for! so many videos to post! Just dont quit my friend!

10ACITY

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I just checked out your channel and it seems like your subscribers come from consistency because you upload very often. I did a really quick calculation and found out that it takes more than 200 views to get a subscriber. I couldn't watch one of your videos because my wifi is incredibly slow so I'm not entirely sure what advice to give you, but judging by what I said earlier about the 200+ views per subscriber I'd say that what needs to change isn't about SEO or the likes, but rather giving them something they will want to come back for. Something unique to your channel. Some little quirk or feature that only you have or perhaps your own style. I wish I could help more, but without one of your videos it is difficult. Hopefully it all works out.[DOUBLEPOST=1490722487,1490722403][/DOUBLEPOST]
I doubt it is sub4sub because he has a massive amount of total views.
Also, his discussion page has no sub4sub spam in it.

velocity

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That's the only possible reason I can imagine someone having 5000 subs and only 20 views per video.[DOUBLEPOST=1490722611,1490722554][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just checked out your channel and it seems like your subscribers come from consistency because you upload very often. I did a really quick calculation and found out that it takes more than 200 views to get a subscriber. I couldn't watch one of your videos because my wifi is incredibly slow so I'm not entirely sure what advice to give you, but judging by what I said earlier about the 200+ views per subscriber I'd say that what needs to change isn't about SEO or the likes, but rather giving them something they will want to come back for. Something unique to your channel. Some little quirk or feature that only you have or perhaps your own style. I wish I could help more, but without one of your videos it is difficult. Hopefully it all works out.[DOUBLEPOST=1490722487,1490722403][/DOUBLEPOST]

I doubt it is sub4sub because he has a massive amount of total views.
He only has a ton of views on 1 video, remove that and most have a very small amount considering they've been up for years.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's the only possible reason I can imagine someone having 5000 subs and only 20 views per video.[DOUBLEPOST=1490722611,1490722554][/DOUBLEPOST]

He only has a ton of views on 1 video, remove that and most have a very small amount considering they've been up for years.
Still not been sub4subbing i am subscribed to like 30 people.. Besides if i were sub4subbing id hardly be asking why im not getting views.

velocity

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Still not been sub4subbing i am subscribed to like 30 people.. Besides if i were sub4subbing id hardly be asking why im not getting views.
I don't know what to say, I'm astounded then that you have managed 5000 legit subs yet virtually every single one of them completely avoids your videos every time.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't know what to say, I'm astounded then that you have managed 5000 legit subs yet virtually every single one of them completely avoids your videos every time.
Yeah you and me both my friend, For a while at the start and a little while around last summer I was getting a lot of comments and views, well more than usual, and then it just faded away.

velocity

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah you and me both my friend, For a while at the start and a little while around last summer I was getting a lot of comments and views, well more than usual, and then it just faded away.
Do you put effort into your tags? Do you promote your videos? Those two things are pretty crucial, the second more so if you have under 1000 subs like myself.