• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

500 subscribers / 2 months 10 days

Archieonic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello everyone!

When I started Youtube, I put myself a goal, something to get me motivated at all times. That goal was 1000 subscribers in 1 year. The idea was to put a goal that was so far away, that it would push me harder and harder to work more, to invest more time, to get better. I'm in a genre in Youtube that is very saturated, so I was expecting slow growth.

Yet I was so happy when yesterday morning I sat down to record and edit a 500 subscriber special. It hit me that this hobby is so addicting, so engrossing, and so much fun to do. Trying to keep a 2 videos a day schedule can certainly get to the point where I feel I'm not gonna make it, and put me in a situation where I have to choose between losing sleep and being a zombie at work (not good on office jobs where you are sitting down all the time) or try to make some magic and kick the editing into high speed (where the risk is loss of quality).

But I realize now that, the community that you create is everything to the channel. I would not be where I am today had it not been for the community itself that has joined me. They are the pillars, the foundation, the motivation to keep going. If there was one advice I would give any starting Youtuber is to show those that find you worthy of their time, that you really care and you really appreciate each and every one of them.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Congratulations!

Daphydeez

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hello everyone!

When I started Youtube, I put myself a goal, something to get me motivated at all times. That goal was 1000 subscribers in 1 year. The idea was to put a goal that was so far away, that it would push me harder and harder to work more, to invest more time, to get better. I'm in a genre in Youtube that is very saturated, so I was expecting slow growth.

Yet I was so happy when yesterday morning I sat down to record and edit a 500 subscriber special. It hit me that this hobby is so addicting, so engrossing, and so much fun to do. Trying to keep a 2 videos a day schedule can certainly get to the point where I feel I'm not gonna make it, and put me in a situation where I have to choose between losing sleep and being a zombie at work (not good on office jobs where you are sitting down all the time) or try to make some magic and kick the editing into high speed (where the risk is loss of quality).

But I realize now that, the community that you create is everything to the channel. I would not be where I am today had it not been for the community itself that has joined me. They are the pillars, the foundation, the motivation to keep going. If there was one advice I would give any starting Youtuber is to show those that find you worthy of their time, that you really care and you really appreciate each and every one of them.
Congratulation!!! That's crazy!!! How did you manage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Awesome story:up2: Congrats man and keep up the good work:)

Alex Ecker

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hello everyone!

Congrats that is some major growth :) good luck on getting 1k!

Archieonic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Congratulation!!! That's crazy!!! How did you manage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, I don't really know lol. My main problem is my full time job which sucks a good 9 hours of my time. Then add the daily routine, and what I can squeeze for Youtube ranges between 4-6 hours, perhaps more if I sacrifice sleep. Not gonna lie, there have been many times where I think I'm not gonna make it to 2 uploads. Thank you.

Good luck on the journey to 1k!
Thank you!

Congrats that is some major growth :) good luck on getting 1k!
Thank you!!

Daphydeez

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Well, I don't really know lol. My main problem is my full time job which sucks a good 9 hours of my time. Then add the daily routine, and what I can squeeze for Youtube ranges between 4-6 hours, perhaps more if I sacrifice sleep. Not gonna lie, there have been many times where I think I'm not gonna make it to 2 uploads. Thank you.

Thank you!

Thank you!!
wow! Good job! How often do you upload?