• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

500,000 overall views. Mostly thanks to one video!

VaderSpade

Reaction score
I don't think it was just your one video. Your other videos seem interesting and have gotten quite a bit of views too. Congratulations.
Thanks, they have been getting more views since my viral video was posted. Other sites that stole it have a total of more than 5 million views that I can trace. What do they know that I don't??

Austerpower

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Thanks, they have been getting more views since my viral video was posted. Other sites that stole it have a total of more than 5 million views that I can trace. What do they know that I don't??
reddit?

VaderSpade

Reaction score
I put it on Reddit and it shot quickly to near #1. At least 10 other people also put it on reddit. I had most of them taken down but it becomes a full time job. Someone else put it up on imgur and got 2.4 million views.

Austerpower

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I put it on Reddit and it shot quickly to near #1. At least 10 other people also put it on reddit. I had most of them taken down but it becomes a full time job. Someone else put it up on imgur and got 2.4 million views.
keep at it. Reddit is a goldmine.

Caerulean

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I honestly don't know what I would do, but have you tried contacting the other people who used/copied your content? It seems very unfair that they used your content without asking your permission first. If you can't take them down, comment on them and link the original video.

VaderSpade

Reaction score
I honestly don't know what I would do, but have you tried contacting the other people who used/copied your content? It seems very unfair that they used your content without asking your permission first. If you can't take them down, comment on them and link the original video.
I had a few taken down, but then I just started commenting "to see the original and more videos like this go to this link"

Slothound

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wow that sucks! I'm hoping that NatGeo paid you for the rights. In the future maybe a watermark with your channel name would at least get a few people who view it to visit you. It hard work chasing pirates. I've had all of my videos re-uploaded multiple times. If it wasn't for some very cool subscribers I wouldn't have even known.

VaderSpade

Reaction score
Wow that sucks! I'm hoping that NatGeo paid you for the rights. In the future maybe a watermark with your channel name would at least get a few people who view it to visit you. It hard work chasing pirates. I've had all of my videos re-uploaded multiple times. If it wasn't for some very cool subscribers I wouldn't have even known.
NatGeo and Field & Stream promised to pay and had the videos up on their sites withing a day or so. 6 weeks later I haven't seen a dime and the paperwork took hours to complete. All for a promise of a few hundred dollars that I'm not sure I'll ever see???