• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

500,000 overall views. Mostly thanks to one video!

VaderSpade

Reaction score
I joined here Mid May and June 5th I filmed my best nature video ever.

It was picked up by National Geographic, Field & Stream, Fox News, and many more. It has had a couple million views but only about 280,000 are on my channel.

I need to learn more about fair use and what is required for someone to use my video?

Thanks for all the tips I picked up here.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Wow, that's terrific! Funny how one video can make all the difference.

joannavlogs

Love always wins
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
That's great! If only you got the views they did! Haha

VaderSpade

Reaction score
That's great! If only you got the views they did! Haha
The video is popping up everywhere. I have shut it down a few times on YouTube but it's all over as a GIF and has millions of views that I get nothing from. I don't know what I can do about that???

TheAngryPanda

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Doesn't sound quite right that they're using your footage without contacting you first. Especially big companies such as National Geographic and Fox News. Congrats on your views though :)

VaderSpade

Reaction score
Doesn't sound quite right that they're using your footage without contacting you first. Especially big companies such as National Geographic and Fox News. Congrats on your views though :)
National Geographic and Field & Stream ask for permission. I guess Fox news owns National Geographic so I think they are covered although they never directly asked. A lot of sites are linking it to me, National Geographic, Field & Stream, or Fox News and I guess that is considered fair use but I really don't know?

VaderSpade

Reaction score
The GIFs with no link or credit are the ones that really bother me. They pop up faster than you can have them taken down. I've been told (and I think it's about the best you can do) to just post a link to the full version when ever you find someone spreading the GIF.

Reactions: joannavlogs

Captain Vernon

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
we all dream of getting that one video to go viral. Glad it worked out for you. Congrats

Austerpower

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I don't think it was just your one video. Your other videos seem interesting and have gotten quite a bit of views too. Congratulations.