500 – 1000, are you for real?

Tea for TwoTube

Tea for Twotube
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Guys, I am finding the slog to get from 500 subs to 1000 subs hard. Did you change the way you did things or keep doing the same ol same ol thing on a wing and a prayer that you would get there? Any advice for this would be great.

Thanks

Reactions: UhoohExtra

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
It should be faster to go from 500-1000 than it was to go from 0-500 as you have the benefit of existing content to promote your new stuff from cards and end screens and subscribers.If not then maybees you need to look at that with some urgency. Are you asking for subs? Ask at beginning and end of vid so says a lot of successful youtubers. I'm not one of them but learning also.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It´s different between channels, so it´s hard to say what the growths depends on!
I have changed some things, both good and bad. My recent music videos has got me a lot of views and more subscribers! So I will continue with that!

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When I was 500 it didn’t take me long to hit 1k, I got in my first year of being on YouTube. It’s different for every channel some it’s easier than others it just really depends. I wish you the best of luck with reaching 1k

Jack Decker

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I went to Fiverr and hire a really really REALLY cheap social media manager from Bangladesh. On my channel ("Decker Poker"), I do "Let's Play" videos of me participating in online play-money poker tournaments. Recently I won on a tournament and while it was in the pipeline awaiting my editor's attention (she another cheap hire from Fiverr), I told my social media manager to promote the H*ll out of it on its release day and even hired a few other people over at SEO Clerks to do additional SEO work and social media marketing. Those others later sent me Excel documents that listed where they promoted that video. I went from under 200 subs to now over 1,600 then dipped back down to 700s and the rebounded back to over 1,700. However....

It has turned out that the viewers just watched that video and a fourth of them watched the first video of the channel (another one where I won a tournament) and there has been very little carry-over to any of my other videos. :( My average video just shows me making the money and usually the first-minute break. So it has been a mixed blessing. Yeah, I'm over 1,000 subs but my daily views for my average video is still only about 15 views. :cry2: