5 More views to 100... Help me out!

DcSoundOp

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
This goofy video has recently jumped up to almost 100 views... 95 to be exact, after sitting at only 22 views forever. If you check it out and let me know with a comment, I'll check out your channel, leave positive feedback and sub if you've got cool content.

Cheers!

ForeverAlonePrick

I don't know what's going on.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
You made this? That's actually really nice! I liked it :)

DcSoundOp

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Thanks guys! Yeah I made this last summer, just a silly video & song outline. The whole rating thing bugs me, kids have no problem going to a video with a few hundred views and all positive comments and they hit dislike and leave ignorant comments like "I don't get it" ... Which is cool, but my videos were ending up with 100% negative ratings, 50% positive etc... Which really slowed down views.

You can remove negative comments, but once someone hits dislike, there is nothing you can do to repair that percentage quickly, and it has a dramatic effect on views.

Reactions: ForeverAlonePrick

ForeverAlonePrick

I don't know what's going on.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thanks guys! Yeah I made this last summer, just a silly video & song outline. The whole rating thing bugs me, kids have no problem going to a video with a few hundred views and all positive comments and they hit dislike and leave ignorant comments like "I don't get it" ... Which is cool, but my videos were ending up with 100% negative ratings, 50% positive etc... Which really slowed down views.

You can remove negative comments, but once someone hits dislike, there is nothing you can do to repair that percentage quickly, and it has a dramatic effect on views.
Yeah, that's a really big shame, especially if somebody tells their audience to go to your video and dislike a video. I've seen that happen before, and it really sucks. I believe that by youtube's new algorithms, ratings are becoming less relevant, so it's not as big of a deal anymore. Sorry about that!