5+ Million views but terrible payout, WTF going on?

Mr.Human

Reaction score
Well Im spanish myself so... as you probably know our ad revenue is and always was at least x2 lower than for people from UK and US... now it just got to the point where 15k views got me 30-70 cents... its really really bad ><"

Coshi360Gaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This is why I'm learning how to do affiliate marketing because I'll get much more from that when I start getting more views even if only 1% of people end up buying something through my links.

Reactions: Austerpower

Mr.Human

Reaction score
I honestly want to believe it will get back to normal in couple months... I hope so really. I've read that some advertisers are coming back already now in June, so let's wait and see what happens :)

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
I've been with Curse up until october 2016 and then I went to Splay.. I think this is happening gaming related channels
I suspect that this has a lot to do with the drop in ad revenue. There is an insane amount of gaming channels on YouTube, so advertisers are spoilt for choice and the gaming "real estate" is devalued.
My channel is very niche, so I am still getting just over $1 per 1000 views...although in truth my channel is still so small that I won't be retiring on the earnings any time soon.
You also must be talking about a different channel than you have linked in your profile; that channel has 144 subs, and 145 views total!
Good question, and your comment
according to youtube analytics and socialblade, I have over 5 million views in the last 30 days
makes it sound as if you are talking about somebody else's channel?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Youtube is unsteady payment as well as the ad-apocalypse is still going on + your with google ad-sense do not expect much go with a network your destined to make more.

- I can tell you hate network but hell they be making more for you then adsense.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Youtube is unsteady payment as well as the ad-apocalypse is still going on + your with google ad-sense do not expect much go with a network your destined to make more.

- I can tell you hate network but hell they be making more for you then adsense.
Hpw in the world can you make more with a network when your income is set to be double-cut as soon as you join one?

Adsense: YouTube takes its cut and you get the rest.

Network: YouTube takes its cut. Then network takes its cut from what is left! Finally you, the YouTuber get the leftovers.

If I were you, I would rethink what you just said. I was with a network for over 4 years and I know how they work.

Reactions: Mr.Human
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Networks can offer a different contract depending on what how big you are!

YouTube takes it cut from the 30% we take not the 70% he takes..

Get your facts straight.

CousinEd

There's always a choice
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Networks can offer a different contract depending on what how big you are!

YouTube takes it cut from the 30% we take not the 70% he takes..

Get your facts straight.
YouTube will take their cut regardless whether you're with a network or you're not.

Reactions: Mr.Human