5 important steps to better videos

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
These tips are great . I got myself umbrella lights to improve my videos because using sundlight was very limited :)

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
My biggest issue is lighting and I'm trying to think of a better solution. I film in my kitchen for obvious reasons, but it has no windows seeing as it's a flat. I have a back door which I open in the summer to let in a bit of light, but I really miss having nice natural light beaming through a kitchen window lol. I might invest in some more white led spot lights as currently I have to put my iso at 800, which isn't too bad but it does produce a bit of noise

clairelouise

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My biggest issue is lighting and I'm trying to think of a better solution. I film in my kitchen for obvious reasons, but it has no windows seeing as it's a flat. I have a back door which I open in the summer to let in a bit of light, but I really miss having nice natural light beaming through a kitchen window lol. I might invest in some more white led spot lights as currently I have to put my iso at 800, which isn't too bad but it does produce a bit of noise
is a ringlight possible?

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Possibly yes. I think I might invest in a cheap one first to see if it helps
maybe invest in cheaper softboxes or umbrella lights because I think even a cheap ring light will be fairly expensive and when you have enough money for a good ring light that might be the better way to go. In my opinion.

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
maybe invest in cheaper softboxes or umbrella lights because I think even a cheap ring light will be fairly expensive and when you have enough money for a good ring light that might be the better way to go. In my opinion.
Awesome thanks for the advice!

Reactions: Samira

Nikkinsaa97

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thank you so much for the great tips, sometimes it's easy to forget these things ahah

AirDion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
All the tips don't pertain to me completely (I make gaming videos with no face cam) but Tips #1, 2, and 5 definitely apply to me. I think it is really important to practice the smaller things. That's why I haven't been as consistent as I would like with outputting videos. I'm always trying to make the video better with some small detail. Also trying to grab the viewers from the beginning is the hard part for me. Just like every other genre on YouTube there are hundreds of thousands of the little guys just like me. So I'm still trying to figure out what makes me stand out more than them. This post really did inspire me to work harder on my channel. And for that I'd just like to say thanks a lot!

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Adam, nice channel, man. Keep up the good work!

I, too, film in my kitchen. I feel your pain! I do have a small window that essentially serves as a fill light, but I do well with a set of softboxes and a single ring light. I do have trouble using the overhead kitchen lights due to bad reflection from the countertops, so I have to turn off the actual household kitchen lights when filming. I got the set of three softboxes on Amazon for just over $100, and it made a remarkable difference from my test footage filmed with just my household lights. The additional ring light is truly just a bonus.

Take a look at the Biscuit Battle video on my channel. It was filmed with two softboxes and one ring light, all set on low.

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Adam, nice channel, man. Keep up the good work!

I, too, film in my kitchen. I feel your pain! I do have a small window that essentially serves as a fill light, but I do well with a set of softboxes and a single ring light. I do have trouble using the overhead kitchen lights due to bad reflection from the countertops, so I have to turn off the actual household kitchen lights when filming. I got the set of three softboxes on Amazon for just over $100, and it made a remarkable difference from my test footage filmed with just my household lights. The additional ring light is truly just a bonus.

Take a look at the Biscuit Battle video on my channel. It was filmed with two softboxes and one ring light, all set on low.
nice channel too man! Very well edited! You're a natural. Lighting looks loads better, think i'll invest in some softboxes. Thanks for the tips! #subscribed :)