5 important steps to better videos

Hendrik Kapp

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Read the whole article carefully, within each tip there is going to be a clue on how you can increase views on every video.

I had this on my mind for quite some time now and I feel like sharing my thoughts with all you awesome people!

This won`t be a very long article but I wanted to give you my 4 ways on improving your end video results and keep the viewer hooked so they watch the whole video.

Tip Number 1:
Get the viewers attention right from the start, I don`t know if you noticed, but I did something similar in the beginning of this article, I made you read didn't I?
  • Keep it related to your video
  • Do something interesting or catchy.
I apologize if I misled some of you, this is just an example.

Tip Number 2:
This is by far the most important tip I can give anyone. The story is much more important than the gear you are using, people tend to forgive bad video quality or bad audio quality much more than a bad story line, if your story line is bad then nobody will watch your video.

Tip Number 3:
Be comfortable on camera, nobody wants to watch a 6 minute video of someone being uncomfortable in front of the camera, now I am not saying you should be perfect from the start but practice makes perfect. (I am still working on this myself.)

Tip Number 4:
Try to shoot in the sun or in a room with good lighting, this will allow you to use an ISO of 400 or lower so that there is less noise in your video and overall better quality.
  • eliminate harsh shadows around your face.
  • Light up your background (if possible)
  • Shoot in golden hour.
Tip Number 5:
I can`t stress this enough but practice makes perfect! in my earlier days of filming I always tried to skip through all the smaller details in order to get better faster, once I went back and practiced on perfecting all the smaller details my videos and photography got better, fast!. Practice!

I hope these 5 tips were helpful, if you have any other questions feel free to message me.

Last edited:

SandMan

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I read that the best time to shoot your video is in the mornings and close to the evening. That is what I try and aim for. Also the sun in the background can sometimes be your friend or enemy depending on the scene you want to capture. Sadly I keep forgetting that and I would sometimes shoot my footage get home and look at it and then realize that the sun darken my whole footage.

Hendrik Kapp

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I read that the best time to shoot your video is in the mornings and close to the evening. That is what I try and aim for. Also the sun in the background can sometimes be your friend or enemy depending on the scene you want to capture. Sadly I keep forgetting that and I would sometimes shoot my footage get home and look at it and then realize that the sun darken my whole footage.
Yes, golden hour is in the morning or afternoon, I usually shoot somewhere in shade to also cancel out those harsh shadows. Reflectors also work great.[DOUBLEPOST=1478703978,1478703938][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes, golden hour is in the morning or afternoon, I usually shoot somewhere in shade to also cancel out those harsh shadows. Reflectors also work great.

Andrew0109

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would love to do camera work but my voice is really horrible

Blunt Brittany

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
These are really great tips! Thank you very much for sharing. Even though a lot of these are just small and simple things, they are super important and are sometimes forgotten! Great reminder!

Nebojsa032

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the tips, they are really great! It seems that you know what are you doing, good luck on Youtube :D

Hendrik Kapp

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

Boseen

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you for the tips. I found them very helpful in the video production. kind of helps me to to look back in the production process and reflect about it.

Reactions: Hendrik Kapp