• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

40,000+views!! Hopeful subs will come

HowTo101

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
Finally hit 46,000 total channel views!! i cant believe I have so many views on my channel! Thanks for all the support!! My subs are only at 116 but i'm hoping that my sub count will start to increase more, any advice to grow subs is appreciated.

Thanks again!

Ater

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I believe you have a similar problem that I have had with my channel. The problem with "how to" and other tutorials is that people often find you channel since they have a problem. When the problem is solved they don't need your channel any more. Let's say I have a problem with my USB device, I search for the problem, I find your "Unresponsive USB Device FIX" video, it helps me and fixes my problem. I may click the like button, but why would I sub? My problem is solved and I have no reason to visit your channel again.

Lets say I'm a bit more curious, I'm not just trying to solve a problem, I want to learn stuff. I'm interested in crypto currency and find your "get started using cryptocurrence using coinbase" video. I like the video and decides to check out your channel. But when I check it out I don't find any more videos about crypto currency, instead I find videos about Pumkin Pies, iPhones and work outs, stuff that have nothing to do with why I found your channel or the topic I'm interested in. Why would I sub?

To my experience smaller channels who focus on how to and tutorials often get more views but less subs compared to other similar sized channels. One way to get more subs would probably be to niche yourself more, just making how to videos focusing on a few topics, so when I find your crypto currency video and then check out your channel I find a lot of other crypto currency videos or if I find the iPhone video and check out your channel I find more iPhone videos. Now you are offering more content that I'm interested in and the chance of me subbing will be greater.

Reactions: HowTo101

HowTo101

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
I believe you have a similar problem that I have had with my channel. The problem with "how to" and other tutorials is that people often find you channel since they have a problem. When the problem is solved they don't need your channel any more. Let's say I have a problem with my USB device, I search for the problem, I find your "Unresponsive USB Device FIX" video, it helps me and fixes my problem. I may click the like button, but why would I sub? My problem is solved and I have no reason to visit your channel again.

Lets say I'm a bit more curious, I'm not just trying to solve a problem, I want to learn stuff. I'm interested in crypto currency and find your "get started using cryptocurrence using coinbase" video. I like the video and decides to check out your channel. But when I check it out I don't find any more videos about crypto currency, instead I find videos about Pumkin Pies, iPhones and work outs, stuff that have nothing to do with why I found your channel or the topic I'm interested in. Why would I sub?

To my experience smaller channels who focus on how to and tutorials often get more views but less subs compared to other similar sized channels. One way to get more subs would probably be to niche yourself more, just making how to videos focusing on a few topics, so when I find your crypto currency video and then check out your channel I find a lot of other crypto currency videos or if I find the iPhone video and check out your channel I find more iPhone videos. Now you are offering more content that I'm interested in and the chance of me subbing will be greater.
Yeah i definitley agree! I started the channel because I loved doing all types of things and thought having a large array of topics would be good but like you said im realizing that how to channels dont get subs unless their all on the same topic. Thats why i started another channel with my buddy @Money Talks which is all about financial help because I love filming and editing and i figured thatd be a good focused topic to draw more subs.

Reactions: Ater

ThatShabbyGuy

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
As someone else that is in the DIY category and firmly in a specific niche (painting furniture), I agree that it helps a ton with not only subscribers but just getting views all around.

Find something you love or that your viewers seem to be interested in (according to views/watch time) and see if you can make it more of a regular thing, maybe?

Reactions: HowTo101