4 years with 200 videos on YouTube: only 68 subscribers and 2000 views?

Realiti Virtualski

Reaction score
Poor SEO and upload schedule seem like the biggest killer. I learned that every niche has an audience, you just have to make sure people get to see what you made.

Reactions: dina

dina

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've been actively producing content for under 3 years, though I've had the channel for 6. Currently, I have 137 videos, 16,805 views and 39 subscribers (I gained two very recently, which pleases me ^_^). In my case, it was taking long breaks. Unless you provide more information, it can be pretty hard to tell just based off of that.

What kind of videos is he uploading? Is he using good tags and titles? What about the description box?

What's his schedule?

Have there been any dramatic life changes or personal obstacles that kept him from uploading for long stints?

Did they engage in sub4sub and thus have dead subs who don't care to watch and share their videos?

These are things that I know have hindered my growth. I've taken two pretty long hiatuses from youtube (3 and 7 months) , which absolutely murdered my channel's capability to grow when I did return the first time (that was the longest break, I know my subs had forgotten all about me and I lost some subscribers during that break). One thing I've learned is that consistency is key, but I don't know anything about this guy's channel or content, so I can't verify that he's inconsistent, all I can say is that's what killed my growth, since I'm (numbers-wise) in a similar position as he is, not that it's a competition, just trying to help paint why his channel might not be experiencing the growth people come to expect after years (or sometimes even just months) on youtube.

One other thing that hindered my growth until recently - I wasn't utilizing social media to share my videos until perhaps a month or so after I got back from my last hiatus. Now, I'm in groups on facebook, sharing to twitter, tumblr and instagram and reddit. This person could also not be sharing their videos? Maybe they could try a channel revamp, if they haven't already. I'm always doing stuff to make my channel and videos look better, which I believe has helped - I did get good feedback once, so that was nice. I've also been treating my description box differently, after binge watching some Roberto Blake and Derral Eves videos.

Just with what we're given about the channel, all we can do is speculate as to why they aren't experiencing tremendous growth. I only posted this because since our numbers are similar, and I can speak from experience about where I've gone wrong and killed my channel. Idk if this'll help anyone, but doing a total revamp on my channel has been helping me so far - and the mindset that there's always room for improvement.
U
I've been actively producing content for under 3 years, though I've had the channel for 6. Currently, I have 137 videos, 16,805 views and 39 subscribers (I gained two very recently, which pleases me ^_^). In my case, it was taking long breaks. Unless you provide more information, it can be pretty hard to tell just based off of that.

What kind of videos is he uploading? Is he using good tags and titles? What about the description box?

What's his schedule?

Have there been any dramatic life changes or personal obstacles that kept him from uploading for long stints?

Did they engage in sub4sub and thus have dead subs who don't care to watch and share their videos?

These are things that I know have hindered my growth. I've taken two pretty long hiatuses from youtube (3 and 7 months) , which absolutely murdered my channel's capability to grow when I did return the first time (that was the longest break, I know my subs had forgotten all about me and I lost some subscribers during that break). One thing I've learned is that consistency is key, but I don't know anything about this guy's channel or content, so I can't verify that he's inconsistent, all I can say is that's what killed my growth, since I'm (numbers-wise) in a similar position as he is, not that it's a competition, just trying to help paint why his channel might not be experiencing the growth people come to expect after years (or sometimes even just months) on youtube.

One other thing that hindered my growth until recently - I wasn't utilizing social media to share my videos until perhaps a month or so after I got back from my last hiatus. Now, I'm in groups on facebook, sharing to twitter, tumblr and instagram and reddit. This person could also not be sharing their videos? Maybe they could try a channel revamp, if they haven't already. I'm always doing stuff to make my channel and videos look better, which I believe has helped - I did get good feedback once, so that was nice. I've also been treating my description box differently, after binge watching some Roberto Blake and Derral Eves videos.

Just with what we're given about the channel, all we can do is speculate as to why they aren't experiencing tremendous growth. I only posted this because since our numbers are similar, and I can speak from experience about where I've gone wrong and killed my channel. Idk if this'll help anyone, but doing a total revamp on my channel has been helping me so far - and the mindset that there's always room for improvement.

Teknickel 10

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
Poor SEO and upload schedule seem like the biggest killer. I learned that every niche has an audience, you just have to make sure people get to see what you made.
So I understand Search Engine Optimization and have even worked in sales for a while dealing with paperclick, adsense, and impression based ads.

However you mentioned channels doing it so i have a quick question. How are smaller channels actually applying this to YouTube channels and what SEO tactics other than tags can people really manipulate? (Assuming we are talking about stuff you can do for free and not actually buying advertising or priority listings).

AllofTheAbove

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
huh? did your message cut off or something?[DOUBLEPOST=1505655798,1505655180][/DOUBLEPOST]
How are smaller channels actually applying this to YouTube channels and what SEO tactics other than tags can people really manipulate? (Assuming we are talking about stuff you can do for free and not actually buying advertising or priority listings).
From what I've seen in videos of channels dedicated to helping small youtubers grow, aside from tags, would be titles, using the description box as seo and even titling your video file with those key words prior to uploading (can't attest to that one, though I've seen it mentioned). Along with compelling thumbnails.

Famous

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
From what I've seen in videos of channels dedicated to helping small youtubers grow, aside from tags, would be titles, using the description box as seo and even titling your video file with those key words prior to uploading (can't attest to that one, though I've seen it mentioned). Along with compelling thumbnails.
Titling your video file name and thumbnail file name the same as the title you use on your YouTube page and including them at the beginning of your tags and description does make your video appear higher in a YouTube search. I've uploaded with them all matched up, searched, changed the title on the video's page, searched again and saw the video instantly rank lower. Having said that, changing the title after the fact to something that makes people want to click on the video supposedly trumps good seo. (This I have yet to see in my own videos!)

Malasia

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thats crazy, I would say he should put more effort into finding strategies to bringing attention to his channel like making a video topic that's trending or collabing with YouTuber's that share the same niche as him