4 years with 200 videos on YouTube: only 68 subscribers and 2000 views?

dina

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hi guys, i recently read somewhere about this YouTuber saying that he has been on YouTube for about 4 years with 200 videos uploaded, but has 68 subscribers and only 2000 views so far. I was honestly shocked, because i am thinking to myself can someone's niche be that small for that kind of slow growth or He is just doing something absolutely wrong which is affecting his growth on YouTube, what do you guys think?

Reactions: AmberAndGolden

Yoursharkfriend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
He must be doing something wrong. 200 videos in 4 years seems like a lot but it probably isn't. Without knowing specifics we can't say for sure but something must be wrong. Maybe he didn't upload consistently, took too many breaks in between uploads, doesn't use tags or SEO, there could be so much that contributes.

Reactions: dina

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The fact is that everybody can't be a star no matter how talented they are.
True that but I think that about 4 years on YouTube with 200 videos uploaded, 2000 views and "only" 68 subscribers sounds a bit crazy.. Im sure that he could do better with a bit of SEO and some social shares. But again if this Youtuber didnt use SEO at all and no social media I think its possible

bigattck

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
im in the same boat as him, i think it has to do with audience he wants. my channel is all about nothing but old forgotten games that no one knows, this means less people are watching because i target games with less people who played it.

this can be true for his channel.

Reactions: markkaz and dina

MechaJake

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
200 videos is 4 years is not a lot of videos. I put out just over 100 in one year and it's still slow. Their upload schedule would need to be far more consistent and I haven't seen their content so I can't speak for that.

odabaco

I've Got It
Reaction score
Without a doubt this is possible. Strange but possible. 200 videos that are all ranking on page 4 for search in a tough niche, no social media use, with bad thumbnails and poor titles, and this person probably gets a couple views a day.

I was shown a channel with a lady that chews and eats noisily as her theme and she's got over 1000 videos up, and 4.5 million views a month.

As a result, I will now believe anything is possible on YouTube! :D

SainITLog

Reaction score
Your videos are looking fine also the content is ok with diy, tutorials it is not a niche but you have competition. You are only using few tags / keywords just compare with bigger competitor what they are using. I think in general more SEO optimization / marketing and you can get much more views.

Reactions: odabaco

S.A.D

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
it depends on a bunch of factor too be true, but more often then not, it simply comes down to pure dumb luck.