4 Subs... Am I posting way too random stuff?

Stan Tse

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I used to do gaming videos, but I figured that uploading 2 times a week won't cut it, so I sorta shifted towards other random content related to video games.

And I think it might be like a bit too random, but does anyone have any experience on this matter?

buzzcuts

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter
I'm not too familiar with the gaming space so my feedback will only be so useful, but it seems to me that people just aren't finding your videos for whatever reason. The number of uploads is impressive and the video lengths are good; Thumbnails aren't bad either. Again, I don't know the space too well but I'm guessing that maybe the games/topics you're covering are either too niche or too competitive to stand out? If I were you I would experiment with more ways to broaden your audience, which it seems like perhaps you're doing already; if you can find a unique twist to take on a popular topic perhaps you can get more people to discover your channel. I would also recommend using something like TubeBuddy to optimize your tags.

Austerpower

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I used to do gaming videos, but I figured that uploading 2 times a week won't cut it, so I sorta shifted towards other random content related to video games.

And I think it might be like a bit too random, but does anyone have any experience on this matter?
First impression I get is that you may have a computer niche which is good compared to other gamers, but what is PCMR? I think you need to clarify your video titles to entice people into clicking on them more. Other than that, I like the randomness in your videos. Far too many gaming videos are just boring spam click sessions with dull commentary. At least you are offering something interesting like 'DUMBEST FAILS OF REDDIT - r/nonono Showcase'. I've not seen any other gamer or vloggers do a video on that so kudos.

Stan Tse

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm not too familiar with the gaming space so my feedback will only be so useful, but it seems to me that people just aren't finding your videos for whatever reason. The number of uploads is impressive and the video lengths are good; Thumbnails aren't bad either. Again, I don't know the space too well but I'm guessing that maybe the games/topics you're covering are either too niche or too competitive to stand out? If I were you I would experiment with more ways to broaden your audience, which it seems like perhaps you're doing already; if you can find a unique twist to take on a popular topic perhaps you can get more people to discover your channel. I would also recommend using something like TubeBuddy to optimize your tags.
Yeah that's what I thought. I've been like the most try-hard youtuber, but it feels like I'm still one of those no-thumbnail, no-edit people

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When I first started I had a random channel and it didnt go so well. I looked over the channel to see what was doing best and what I enjoyed most and then then rebranded/focused on that niche.

Austerpower

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I thought. I've been like the most try-hard youtuber, but it feels like I'm still one of those no-thumbnail, no-edit people
honestly you don't need fancy editing or thumbnails. You just need a niche like what Evo said. I've posted videos with low production value in many accounts but people still watched because the content was great. There are many political commentators who do the same.

Reactions: Stan Tse