• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

30k Subs, 6.8m Views - 2 Year Old Gaming Channel

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Folks. so I just hit the crazy amount of 30,000 subscribers on my youtube channel, I am just a little bit delighted, okay A LOT delighted! my channel has been going for 2 years and 1 month. and 6.8m views ain't half bad too!

I just wanted to thank YTTalk, it has been a bit part of my success, I have learned a lot since joining, from really informative guides to some fascinating discussions on all things youtube. I have also written a couple of guides on here myself to try and give back.

due to my channel doing well, and have a crazily supportive community supporting me on Patreon ($1,800 a month) Youtube (and Twitch) is now my full-time job

If anyone has any questions about my channel/twitch/patreon then feel free to comment below

Loki

Reactions: KatyAdelson

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Congratulations @Loki Doki! You zoomed up there in numbers pretty fast - thank you for all your helpful contributions to YTtalk! ^_^

Reactions: Loki Doki

evoloz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Congratulations on hitting 30k subs very impressive. I've been following your channel for a few months now and its amazing how fast you've grown. A couple of questions if I may?

- It seems to me that your biggest strength is the feeling of community you've managed to generate, it seems many of your subscribers see you as more than just a channel they are subbed to but as part of your community. How do you think you've managed to generate this so successfully? (obviously a large part is down to you being a very genuine and likable guy) but have you used any other method to increase interaction with your subs?

- I'm absolutely miles away from ever starting a patreon but if i do ever start to get going at what point did you set yours up?

- Last question (honest!) have you always used a face camera whilst recording? It's something I have thought about doing but haven't really got around to sorting it out yet, is it worth the time/ investment?

Sorry for the question bombardment but seem a good opportunity to quiz you :-D Good job on hitting the 30k subs though dude!

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Congratulations @Loki Doki! You zoomed up there in numbers pretty fast - thank you for all your helpful contributions to YTtalk! ^_^
Thanks Katy, happy to help give back a little to a forum thats helped me so much[DOUBLEPOST=1514867146,1514866146][/DOUBLEPOST]
Congratulations on hitting 30k subs very impressive. I've been following your channel for a few months now and its amazing how fast you've grown. A couple of questions if I may?

- It seems to me that your biggest strength is the feeling of community you've managed to generate, it seems many of your subscribers see you as more than just a channel they are subbed to but as part of your community. How do you think you've managed to generate this so successfully? (obviously a large part is down to you being a very genuine and likable guy) but have you used any other method to increase interaction with your subs?

- I'm absolutely miles away from ever starting a patreon but if i do ever start to get going at what point did you set yours up?

- Last question (honest!) have you always used a face camera whilst recording? It's something I have thought about doing but haven't really got around to sorting it out yet, is it worth the time/ investment?

Sorry for the question bombardment but seem a good opportunity to quiz you :-D Good job on hitting the 30k subs though dude!
hi mate, i am always happy to answer questions and try to give some advice so ask away.

very good question about community and i agree it is my biggest strength as a channel, there is a few things that i think helped, firstly i am open and honest with my audience. if i am having a s**t day i will let them know, if i am having a great day i will let them know too, i do youtube update videos showing my income pretty regularly. letting my audience peak behind the curtain so to speak encourages people to get involved. feel part of the channel, want it to grow and succeed, then they are more likely to share/comment/like because they see the results it brings.

The second part just comes down to hard work and that is reading all the comments and replying to as many as you can, i see many big youtubers saying they read all the comments, but thats a big pile of horeshit, i spend 2 hours a day currently reading and replying to comments (and thats just a 30k channel!), the more involved you can be the better. for the first 16 months or so i managed to reply to every single comments, its hard works but the effort is worth it.

i started my patreon at about 3k subs if i remember rightly, and it has grown ridiculous since then, my patreon is very different to most, no exclusive content, no early content, all you get is a thank you and the name in the credits, i have explained that its just a way to support me and i will never hide content behind a paywall and i think people appreciate that, i also have never asked people to support me on patreon, its in the description and on my end card, but i don't ever ask as that can eventually really annoy people, every new patreon gets a thank you in a video and that is enough to remind others to check it out.

i think a face cam is beneficial definitely, can you be successful without one? of course but i really think it helps, you engage your viewers much more, i know when i watch streams and videos i am looking at the person A LOT, i want to see their reactions, makes it much more personable imo

hope that helps, if you have any other questions, just let me know[DOUBLEPOST=1514867170][/DOUBLEPOST]
That’s amazing! Keep up the good work
Thank you Candice :)[DOUBLEPOST=1514867189][/DOUBLEPOST]
Congratulations on your success! That’s amazing growth!
Thank you mate :)

evoloz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks Katy, happy to help give back a little to a forum thats helped me so much[DOUBLEPOST=1514867146,1514866146][/DOUBLEPOST]

hi mate, i am always happy to answer questions and try to give some advice so ask away.

very good question about community and i agree it is my biggest strength as a channel, there is a few things that i think helped, firstly i am open and honest with my audience. if i am having a s**t day i will let them know, if i am having a great day i will let them know too, i do youtube update videos showing my income pretty regularly. letting my audience peak behind the curtain so to speak encourages people to get involved. feel part of the channel, want it to grow and succeed, then they are more likely to share/comment/like because they see the results it brings.

The second part just comes down to hard work and that is reading all the comments and replying to as many as you can, i see many big youtubers saying they read all the comments, but thats a big pile of horeshit, i spend 2 hours a day currently reading and replying to comments (and thats just a 30k channel!), the more involved you can be the better. for the first 16 months or so i managed to reply to every single comments, its hard works but the effort is worth it.

i started my patreon at about 3k subs if i remember rightly, and it has grown ridiculous since then, my patreon is very different to most, no exclusive content, no early content, all you get is a thank you and the name in the credits, i have explained that its just a way to support me and i will never hide content behind a paywall and i think people appreciate that, i also have never asked people to support me on patreon, its in the description and on my end card, but i don't ever ask as that can eventually really annoy people, every new patreon gets a thank you in a video and that is enough to remind others to check it out.

i think a face cam is beneficial definitely, can you be successful without one? of course but i really think it helps, you engage your viewers much more, i know when i watch streams and videos i am looking at the person A LOT, i want to see their reactions, makes it much more personable imo

hope that helps, if you have any other questions, just let me know[DOUBLEPOST=1514867170][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks for the awesome reply, good advice about the community stuff, people can tell when your being open and honest and I guess that really gets the community spirit going. Your peak behind the scenes videos are great, it is always really interesting to see view & sub statistics and trends! Obviously for me its very easy to reply to all my comments since I only normally get a couple a day but will be sure to keep on top of them.

It's amazing how rapidly your patreon has grown and great that its now enough that you can do youtube full time. I guess it goes to show that its far more important to focus on generating high quality loyal subscribers rather than just trying to get as many people as possible to subscribe!

I think deep down I knew that I should get a face cam sorted but was just avoiding doing it, will put it at the top of my priority list and get it sorted out, I guess that means I'll have to try and not look completely dishevelled when recording haha

Thanks for all the great advice it really does help sort out some of the areas i'm going wrong :-D

4Reason

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Congrats! Hope you keep growing and best of luck to you and your channel!!! :D