• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

30 Subscribers After A Month (Before: 1 Year and 2 subscribers)

tonyphan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I reached 30 subscribers yesterday! That's not a big number but to me it is. I still remember the frustration when producing video but no one watches or subscribes but its improving.

After a month of studying YouTube and numerous hours of learning video editing through YouTube. My lesson so far: content is the key, no matters how good your thumbnail, tag, title are, if your contents are not attractive to viewers and create engagement, viewers will not subscribe.

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Well said! I hit around 50 subs my first month of YouTube on this channel, and it felt absolutely amazing. That's probably when I was feeling my most empowered to create. It was a small number, but we all start out small. And when we continue that momentum and fight for our dreams, we may just end up with a lot bigger of a number. And the numbers don't matter. It's the people who added to that number. Seeing comments, engagement.. No matter what size you are, that should always be empowering. And like you said, content should be attractive to viewers and the important thing is to give it your all each video. Make each video better than the last. And on top of that, personality is key. Even if your content is grade A quality, people won't sub if they don't like you. Each video should properly demonstrate who you are as a person. If you're a gamer, be entertaining and real, like a friend you're playing a game with. If you're an educator, give off a personality that makes you reliable. Good luck, mate! You'll definitely grow with that good attitude you have about the platform!

Reactions: tonyphan

tonyphan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Well said! I hit around 50 subs my first month of YouTube on this channel, and it felt absolutely amazing. That's probably when I was feeling my most empowered to create. It was a small number, but we all start out small. And when we continue that momentum and fight for our dreams, we may just end up with a lot bigger of a number. And the numbers don't matter. It's the people who added to that number. Seeing comments, engagement.. No matter what size you are, that should always be empowering. And like you said, content should be attractive to viewers and the important thing is to give it your all each video. Make each video better than the last. And on top of that, personality is key. Even if your content is grade A quality, people won't sub if they don't like you. Each video should properly demonstrate who you are as a person. If you're a gamer, be entertaining and real, like a friend you're playing a game with. If you're an educator, give off a personality that makes you reliable. Good luck, mate! You'll definitely grow with that good attitude you have about the platform!
Totally agree. Don't try to be someone else on the video because viewers will know immediately. Also, isn't it easy to be yourself than to be someone else right? Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Cheers!

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Congratulations! Looks like you've learned some lessons about building your channel. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: tonyphan