30 Days to A Better YouTube Channel

Hansrutger

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So I stumbled upon a book by Tim called "30 Days to A Better YouTube Channel" and I was wondering if anyone had used this book and what their opinion on it was? Well I bought it and I am going to start on Monday and will see how this will improve. I just feel like I have a lot left to learn about YouTube since I'm fairly new to content creation and I figured I'd need all the help I could get so I bought it: knowledge equals somewhat power right? But I wanted to know what other people's thoughts about this book was. Have you bought it? Whether you did or didn't, why? And anything else I should know about it before jumping right into the first chapter?

Thanks in advance guys!

PS. I probably put this in the wrong section :s

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Yep, Tim is great and a lot of his free stuff will help people get by in their YT aspirations. End of day, action matters more than reading a book. After you finish that book and reading anything else you feel to be helpful, you better start putting some videos up.

Hansrutger

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks guys. Well I can tell you that I will try my best to follow those 30 days and see if I can manage to improve. I think I'm doing a lot already "properly" in terms of exposer, just gotta improve my content to be better and know how to hook people even with my bad quality video recording (don't have money for a too good computer, so gotta' be careful with recording).

Reactions: Crown

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don’t have the book, but I appreciate Tim’s advice. YouTube is filled with “gurus” that talk a big game but have small channels themselves and no secondary channel as a case study. Tim has learned by “hard knocks” and runs a personal vlog channel that was successful long before he launched into a YT advice career. I appreciate that and follow his advice quite a bit. Let us know how you get along with the book! Good luck!

Edited to add: I like your thumbnails! The gradient yellow gold block text against video stills is eye catching. Keep up the good work!

Olja

Reaction score
Have you started reading the book yet? What do you think of it? I accidentally stumbled across this post and I must say, sounds like a good book to read!! :)

Hansrutger

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I am currently on day 8. It is very easy to do some of the days in one and the same day. So far it's more or less what Tim already has talked about in his public videos, I mean that should come naturally since he is the author of both his videos and his books xD I am trying to not sneak peak on future days so I can't really give a clear judgement. I want to really go day by day (book wise, not in real time day by day) with full dedication toward following each day's task and see how I can implement it on my channel.

What I did notice is that, I feel that this guide is leaning more toward other types of youtube genre (like there's vlogging, make-up tutorials, gaming etc) and I have gaming in particular so some of the examples will obviously not fit in, which he also points out so that's good.

The difference (so far) between his own youtube videos and this ebook is the fact that this book is step-by-step kind of process while the youtube videos that he makes is more general. And when I say "step-by-step" I don't mean that he tells you "okay now open up paint and draw a red arrow in order to get attention for your target audience". :p

But if this thing works, then Tim will get a very big thank you from me so I hope that for both of our sakes that it does haha.