3 unexplained community guidelines strikes in 1 day

Jennifer Mulkerrin

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
So I'm posting this through Tapatalk app(first time) so I hope I'm putting it in the right thread, please move it if not.
Hey guys! I've had one crazy day and I'd like to tell you about it. The day started with an email from youtube, telling me I'd gotten my first flag/strike. I run a youtube channel and put up toy reviews, have had no problems for the entire time I've been regularly uploading for the last year and am a YT partner, 1.6 million views and had almost 3,300 subbers. So the email was very short telling me they had to disable a video due to community guidelines violations. I always try to stay in the rules so this was a shock. The video was a typical for me blind bag toy review. So while I'm in my youtube trying to look at what happened a second notice popped up that another similar video had the same thing happen, this resulted in a 2 week period starting where my account was suspended, suddenly my youtube wouldn't function And I could only see the notices and 'you are in bad standing'. :( So I appealed both as they came in but have to wait for reply. So I spent most of the day terrified that my account would get a third strike because I've heard 3 and you're done and they last for 6 months(also wasn't sure if this was malicious flagging)! Well a few hours later it happened on another similar video that looked above board to me. :( I got another strike and my account is terminated. I am naturally devastated and am trying to contact youtube(they make this hard) to fix it. My channel is so important to me, I work on it all the time and have been posting one or more videos every week for over a year and a half. I had only descriptive tags in the right place, credited the royalty music I used, the whole 9 yards. My husband and I did just find a thread on the google product forums saying they are getting a high number of reports of termination from low view mostly private vid channels starting a week ago so maybe it's a spam error?! I have a small hope now. I cannot wrap my head around my account being gone. Also even on the termination there was no specification about what guideline. It feels very automated but they say that humans look at all flags, I'm not so sure.

VenomRaptor

What?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer
Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm familiar with your content, and I can't imagine that these flags are valid. I hope you manage to get everything fixed.

Reactions: Jennifer Mulkerrin

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
So I'm posting this through Tapatalk app(first time) so I hope I'm putting it in the right thread, please move it if not.
Hey guys! I've had one crazy day and I'd like to tell you about it. The day started with an email from youtube, telling me I'd gotten my first flag/strike. I run a youtube channel and put up toy reviews, have had no problems for the entire time I've been regularly uploading for the last year and am a YT partner, 1.6 million views and had almost 3,300 subbers. So the email was very short telling me they had to disable a video due to community guidelines violations. I always try to stay in the rules so this was a shock. The video was a typical for me blind bag toy review. So while I'm in my youtube trying to look at what happened a second notice popped up that another similar video had the same thing happen, this resulted in a 2 week period starting where my account was suspended, suddenly my youtube wouldn't function And I could only see the notices and 'you are in bad standing'. :( So I appealed both as they came in but have to wait for reply. So I spent most of the day terrified that my account would get a third strike because I've heard 3 and you're done and they last for 6 months(also wasn't sure if this was malicious flagging)! Well a few hours later it happened on another similar video that looked above board to me. :( I got another strike and my account is terminated. I am naturally devastated and am trying to contact youtube(they make this hard) to fix it. My channel is so important to me, I work on it all the time and have been posting one or more videos every week for over a year and a half. I had only descriptive tags in the right place, credited the royalty music I used, the whole 9 yards. My husband and I did just find a thread on the google product forums saying they are getting a high number of reports of termination from low view mostly private vid channels starting a week ago so maybe it's a spam error?! I have a small hope now. I cannot wrap my head around my account being gone. Also even on the termination there was no specification about what guideline. It feels very automated but they say that humans look at all flags, I'm not so sure.

Damn, sorry to hear that. I know how hard you work at it. :(

I ditto what VR said above. As you know, I am familiar with your channel too and have watched a few of your vids in the past and everything seemed squeeky clean to me.

It seems some of the most reasons for the community strikes are:

-misleading tags and/or tags in the description.
-misleading titles and/or thumbnails
-contests or giveaways that didn't follow the specific contest rules
-offering stuff in return for subs
-affiliate links.

Like I said, I didn't see any of that on your channel but I put it there to help. Fingers crossed you get it sorted out :)

Jennifer Mulkerrin

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Thanks Crown! I always try my hardest to work within the system. I hope this doesn't happen to more people! I'll keep you guys posted if anything changes.

Reactions: Crown

CoolMoo5

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hmmm. Sounds like you know what the rules are and you didn't break them. Of course, I can't see your content to know for sure. I just wanted to say that I heard from various sources and news sites that tons of google accounts passwords were hacked. That might have something to do with this. Maybe someone hacked your channel? Not saying that is what happened but it is something to look into.

Jennifer Mulkerrin

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I have an update! I got a very cryptic response from youtube but it sounds like they have given my account back, I just have to wait till it's working again. I've heard reinstated accounts can take a few days to work again. I'm not sure what standing it will be in and am nervous about finding out (have been reading horror stories online about accounts half working) I also have mixed feelings about youtube after all this gut wrenching sudden termination process, but overall I think this is really good news.

Reactions: Crown and Michael

VenomRaptor

What?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer
I have an update! I got a very cryptic response from youtube but it sounds like they have given my account back, I just have to wait till it's working again. I've heard reinstated accounts can take a few days to work again. I'm not sure what standing it will be in and am nervous about finding out (have been reading horror stories online about accounts half working) I also have mixed feelings about youtube after all this gut wrenching sudden termination process, but overall I think this is really good news.
Glad to hear that it's been resolved. ^_^

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Awesome, keep us updated :)