• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

3,000 subscribers!!

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Whew! Can it really be true? I hit 3,000 subscribers today!

I had to go back and look: I started my channel 4 months ago and on May 10th (just 2 months ago) I posted about passing 1,000 subs. It seems that things just start growing faster and faster. I'm only uploading about every other week, but I'd love to do more. It just takes me too long to film and edit, and every video is 20+ minutes. Thankfully, my retention rate seems to be pretty good, from what I read.

I posted the latest video yesterday and it got over 2,000 views within the first 24 hours. I'm worried that maybe my view counts are high based on my subs. (Are people just watching and not subscribing? Or are lots of subscribers watching every video?)

I'm thankful to all the YTTalk folks who have offered advice and tips about growing a channel. I've taken everything to heart and it seems to be paying off!

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Wow! 3K in 4 months is truly impressive growth! Congratulations!

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Gotta add: 9 days later, I made it to 4,000 subs! Once things take off, it really flies!

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Congratulations on 4K! Sometimes people watch videos without subscribing, maybe they don't have a YouTube account to subscribe with! I know a YouTuber who has 1k subscribers but sometimes gets way more views than that because she uses copyrighted music but no one subscribes to her. I'm not really sure how she doesn't get in trouble for useing all that music without permission.

Hollyweird Teens

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Congratulations on 4K! Sometimes people watch videos without subscribing, maybe they don't have a YouTube account to subscribe with! I know a YouTuber who has 1k subscribers but sometimes gets way more views than that because she uses copyrighted music but no one subscribes to her. I'm not really sure how she doesn't get in trouble for useing all that music without permission.
maybe she doesn't monetize her videos.