TehEpicMonster

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My channel is TehEpicMonster, 27 subs. I was a wannabe youtuber with big dreams but no chance to upload frequently. I increased my channel growth with subpals and friends and family. People find me probably through Youtube Gaming. No, I wouldn't say any video did create a spike.

Reactions: laurenelloise

GoingCrimson

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well since no else is getting to you I guess I'll answer.

What's your channel name and amount of subs?
My channel name was Crimsxnn (2013-2014) I now go by GoingCrimson. I quit doing Youtube 3 months into starting. Back in 2013 it was all about getting partnered. I within a month built up to 600 Subs and about 12k video views, the remaining 2 months my content slowed, I got about 300 more subs but only a few thousand views. I have since deleted my content, and rebranded. I now sit at 760 subs

Where were you at (insert time frame) compared to where are you at now?
On day 1 I hit 25 subs, by the end of the first week I was at 100, and the rest is above.

How did you increase channel growth?
I did alot of advertising within the communities I was apart of. Such as skype chats, Xbox Live parties, Xbox in-general.

Why do you think your channel grew?
I think it grew because I had a passion and had the people to help me get my video noticed within atleast a portion of the community.

How do you think people find you? (Is it through Social Media, youtube search, collabs, google etc)
I would say I was mainly found by word of mouth and in-game advertising (Black Ops 2). I was a clearer for Trickshot clans/teams. I posted primarily Search and Destroy content I had several games I got the highest killstreak and content like that gets noticed on Youtube.

Did any video create a spike in growth?
The main video that actually made me spike was the video I put the least amount of effort in which really caused me to be upset. I did a brief video speculating about GTA V most of it was bull crap but it collected probably 150-200 subs for me and several thousand views.

Reactions: laurenelloise

Magnet crush

Reaction score
My channel name is MagnetCrush which I started 3 days ago.
I currently have 39 subscribers and about 800 views.
I promote on Reddit and google+
I have spent a long time reading about video SEO and am using that mainly to boost my channel

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Hiya!

- Lightsen - 111k

- ive been on youtube in forever, so ill pick the oldest date available on the wayback machine.
here's a screenshot from June 13th 2008:
jun1308.jpg
compared to now, its a pretty dramatic increase :) (also i wonder how many videos I've watched by now haha, probably a million!)

making better videos and trying to pump them out faster (on a record 3-4 a year now!)

I made sure to try my absolute best to improve each video, as I learned more and more in animation. I can point to any upload and explain what new technique I used, or writing, joke timing, backgrounds, new colouring, etc. there was always some new improvement or method, and it really helped me when commenters provided the criticism for me.

How do you think people find you? (Is it through Social Media, youtube search, collabs, google etc)
most of my traffic by far is from related, suggested and home. I think most people find me when they are browsing random animated videos.

4 of my 20 vids have my channel a spike, you can see the spikes here: (ive set it to daily subs rather than views cause its easier to see)
subs over time.jpg
So yeah, I like to use my own channels graphs to show people can grow at any time. 2/3rds of this graph is pretty much flatline, and then in 2013 it started to grow.
So please if you have a channel, and you feel like there is no progress, or you have been going for years without the results you want, keep making videos, improve for every upload (or if you upload every day, make an improvement every week or month) listen to criticism. and I mean LISTEN. even if it's harsh, it will help you in the long run. I got some pretty harsh criticism but used it to improve, I was blind to my own content, I couldn't hear the sound errors, or the bad timing, or the ugly credits screen. When you make it yourself its hard to see the faults in it as clearly as other people.
Now the critics are telling me they see a major improvement in my content, and that makes it all worth it :)

most of all - make videos for fun
If it eventually turns into a job then that is fantastic! if it doesn't, then it's no problem since you enjoy it anyways!

martingray360

Reaction score
I started in August, but really considering growth since September. First month was breathtaking, but now it visibly slowing down. I have 200+ subscribers and 75,000 views. But daily views are now half of what used to be, but I also think I am under different YT algorithm and have allocated traffic and no matter what I do, I can't change it.

I promote on twitter, g+, facebook, instagram but external traffic is less than half percent. I have bad experience with reddit.

But what is most important I am enjoying making movies and more than spikes in views I am happy with viewers who like my work and engaged community. That's why we're making video, so others can enjoy, right?

BANJOYOUTUBER

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi I'm banjo

My channel is BANJO

I started YouTube around two weeks ago, I'm very new to the process but I would like to think that I produce decent videos.

I only have four subs

My view growth is actually not too bad considering how New my channel is.

What I need is a spike which could help.

Peace

Reactions: martingray360

wasabiroots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Hello~

Well this is my story I guess. Here goes~

wasabiroots - 3838

I started in April 2015 where I had 0 subs and 18 months later is where I'm at right now. I got to 100 subs in the first 2 months and 600 subs in 6 months. Not a crazy fast growth but not too slow either. ^^

Not sure... I gave up trying to understand how and just try to improve everything as I go. Every video I have are the best I could make at the time I made them, but if you compare older ones to the current ones, its obvious I got better. ^^

Because I have interesting topics in my channel? Also, I have a unique voice/accent I believe from what people have commented. A unique voice that either people hate or like.

I have google+ and twitter. But views coming from there are very small to the amount I got directly from YouTube. I do have collabs and I do believe I got some exposure from the videos but...now in the last 28 days, most of my views came from YouTube itself, that's where most people found me currently.
upload_2016-10-13_18-26-53.png

My most viewed video isn't my most subbed video and it's already a year old but yea its still giving me views just like my other videos are. Out of 3824 subs(from analytics) only 919 came from the videos directly.

Most of my videos are creepers rather than viral but sure, some are better than others. So I guess I have evergreen videos that maybe not a lot of people search for but there are still some people out there that are interested in them.

Also, most of my videos take around 6 months to even get any significant increase in daily views while some just stay the same throughout. So yea, creepers.

P.S. I love my channel. :D

JRuncie

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well since you asked:

How long have you been doing YouTube: coming up on a month
Subs: 16
Views: 757 as of yesterday

Our story: We're moving and saw YouTube as a medium where we could stay in touch with friends and family. Our first video was the first short clip we had ever shot in front of a camera. 22 short clips later we're still rolling and enjoying the process.

As far as growth and promotion. I'm not really promoting our channel at this point. From the analytics others are sharing (where I have no idea) and we're averaging about 5 new subs a week. All this said we're extremely grateful for the 16 subs, and the 60-70 views that hit our channel a day.

Reactions: martingray360