2015 CPM/post-holiday warning

Daywalker

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Got a notification on my channel of new social gaming ads to be allowed in our videos. Lets see if that increases the overall rates.

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah, sadly my cpm is low again.
What can we do?
We really can't do anything. It's all about Google getting ads for the YouTube community of creators. It was not very encouraging to see $3.60 CPM late February, early March.

Led Lemos

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We really can't do anything. It's all about Google getting ads for the YouTube community of creators. It was not very encouraging to see $3.60 CPM late February, early March.
I just have $1.7 right now...

Daywalker

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Mine's $1.02 if I've worked it out correctly... probably not.
Very discouraging, don't understand why so low rates. Are advertisers not willing to spend enough in first quarter?

Reactions: Lightsen

Video Cranker

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Rates are still very low for us too, thankfully we've been having strong views, in fact I think yesterday was our biggest viewed day to date, so the revenue is still very good but we'd be extra ecstatic with even a-little-below-average-rates right now!

Rod71

I've Got It
Reaction score
March started out very nice, but then it's gone to crap again. Especially the weekend just gone.

Video Cranker

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Our RPM seems to be gaining strength, a little bit goes a long ways by the time midnight PST rolls around!

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Very discouraging, don't understand why so low rates. Are advertisers not willing to spend enough in first quarter?
Unfortunately, I don't have any information on how the whole ad business runs. I just hope that businesses see the value in video advertising and Google is successful in getting more to participate. In the meantime, the rates are OK but March RPM is 10% lower than February so far for my channel.